Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdugan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
If i could change anything, I would get rid of the noise mine makes (the noise isnt as bad as i think other ppls are, but its enough to notice and bother me if my computer is on and Im somewhere else in my room) and I would make it so my damn firefox didnt take 45 seconds to load. other than that, this is my first mac since 1991 and I love it.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
[sarcasm]

new carbon fibre lightweight case with titanium keys (instead of plastic), with magnetic screen latches, etc.

i know, i'm a dreamer…:rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]

seriously, i would like a new case design though. i hate it when people keep designs the same for more than 3 years.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
I'd change the name to PowerBook ;) , keep it aluminum as this form factor is the best, maybe slimmer, and make a 12 inch!! (see sig)

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
i'd like a biometric scanner integrated into the system so that i can log into os x or into webpages which require passwords without having to type mine. about the carbon fiber casing, it's light but won't be able to dissipate heat as well as aluminum.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
ironic23 said:
i'd like a biometric scanner integrated into the system so that i can log into os x or into webpages which require passwords without having to type mine. about the carbon fiber casing, it's light but won't be able to dissipate heat as well as aluminum.

i like the biometric fingerprint idea. i know it won't dissipate heat as well and i never really think they will do it. i do want them to go back to titanium though. I always liked that metal. :rolleyes:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Also, a built in dial up modem, people who travel all over the world can't rely on highspeed connections all the time...someone mentioned that they should change the form factor every 3 years, but the current form factor is just flawless, why change it if it's 10 years ahead of its time?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
AUBPsych said:
I wish the iSight was optional, that'd knock a few bucks off and help me save up for another gig of RAM.
I agree, as much as it is sort of cool, I think it's a bit of an iSore.

Other than that, I would like to see some kind of new revolutionary design for them. I love the current design, but I just want to see what they can come up with next. I hope it stays metallic though.

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
max_altitude said:
I agree, as much as it is sort of cool, I think it's a bit of an iSore.

Other than that, I would like to see some kind of new revolutionary design for them. I love the current design, but I just want to see what they can come up with next. I hope it stays metallic though.

Once you own one of the computers (I have both, an iMac and MacBook Pro with iSight) you really can't imagine the computers without the iSight. When I see iMac G5's without the iSight, it looks incomplete. Same with PowerBooks. You just get use to its pressence.

Kelson

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2002
Dallas, TX
PCMCIA Slot

I'd put in a PCMCIA slot in addition to the Expresscard /34 slot. I'd also swap out that crappy Ethernet chipset. That is really the only HW change that I'd make. Tho I'd also include a CSM in the EFI.

- Kelson

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i'd make the top bar above the screen the same proportion as the powerbook was.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
reenforce the case around the optical drive slot and the open button so that stress doesnt warp it so badly (from a powerbook user; i assume MBPs have the same warping issues).

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
have a 10 inch macbook pro and a 23 inch macbook pro monster!

that was a joke. seriously, better speakers. i hate to have my computers hooked up to external speakers because the internal speakers aren't good enough.

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
- Two button trackpad, and an extra "pencil eraser" pointer (with buttons), ala ThinkPad. I loved this design on those laptops.
- Separate Page Up/Down buttons by the arrow keys
- Slightly louder output for volume

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.