if you could design the next iphone what would u do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

if you could design the iphone based on your favorite features from different iphone generations what would it be?

here's my ideal iphone.

material, iphone 4/4s all around glass (preferably sapphire next iteration)
    chamfered edge front bezels
    touchID and thinness of iphone 5/5s
    separate volume rocker from iphone 4s/5s
    curve back from 5c

that would be perfect :apple:

2. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I'd design a phone with a battery that would last a week in heavy use. It would look pretty much like the iPhone 4.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The iPhone 5S is pretty darn good. I would create the likely 4.7" model iPhone 6 that's coming based on it. I like the circular Touch ID because it gives you more surface area than the Galaxy model.

I would love to see the 3.5" jack killed in favor of using the Lightning port as a de-facto USB port. Include a Lightning-to-3.5" adapter so people can still use those devices. But I'd like to see a massive move in audio to wireless technologies or using things like USB cables for digital transmission. If every audio device you could think of had a USB port -- and more and more do -- that could be used for transmission of audio that's probably going to sound better than an analog cable. The Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with every phone could plug up into sound systems, car stereos, etc. Apple was looking at putting the Lightning connector in future Beats headphones, so you could use that or just one of the USB connectors -- my Beats model already has a mini-USB jack for power.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I agree with the lightning port to substitute from 3.5. but how can we use it and charge at the same time?

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The 5S is good for me except I want the larger screen. I would also make the iPhone no thinner to give more space for a larger battery for those who live on their phone!:p

6. itjw macrumors 65816

Wow. The same folks that scream about Apple's lack of "innovation" and when asked what they'd do?:

4 with bigger battery and chamfered edges. Or make the 5 all glass.

Bravo *slow clap*... Bravo

Pretty hard to make mesmerizing changes to an already revolutionary device eh?

Putting a pin stripe on a Ferrari... Lol