Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Since there's not much else of substance to talk about b/t now and April 3 :)

For my part, I'd want to fully understand the file system as it relates to iWork, mobileme/iDisk, and apps in general.

Is that boring?

(by the way the fantasy here of course is that after a couple pages of questions SJ comes and posts all the answers. hey a guy can dream right? :D)

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
"SJ, on what date will the iPad be available in the UK?"

All else is academic to me right now. Though I would read all teh answers to everyone else's questions eagerly.

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Me: When will the Macbook Pro's have core iX processors?
SJ: That's not an iPad question.
Me: Oh, True. Ok. What is the exact date I can purchase an iPad in combination with a Mac Book Pro that has a Core iX processor?
SJ: :/

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Me: SJ if you could punch one MR member who would it be?
SJ: The ones asking all the dumb questions.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I sent SJ a message last night asking if the iPad could do color email signatures. I want my cool signature I have in outlook, but I can't get it in the iPhone even after hacking it.

He probably won't respond. But I figured why not.

dblake15

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2010
How about will there be a webcam you can connect to the device?? I think that is a pretty important question

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
  • Are there features in iWork desktop that will not be there in iWork iPad?
  • If we purchase only one of the iWork apps, do we get access to iWork.com for free (for now)?
  • How do I sync contacts between my iPhone and iPad without Outlook, without syncing to Google, and without MobileMe (ie: without any go-between).
  • Can the camera attachment be potentially used as a usb flash disk reader?
  • Has Apple done any ergonomic studies during internal Apple pilot of iPad? How is this device on the arms and wrists for long term use? I know that holding up the iPhone for extended periods of time gets to be a pain - isn't a weight issue, just a position issue over a long period of time. Has there been negative impact on necks? Assuming there may be a fair bit of hunched over use that wouldn't affect a laptop.
  • Can the Apple iPad case be folded all the way back, so I can use it in portrait?
  • The VGA out adapter - can it show everything on the iPad screen (like your keynote demo), or just specific stuff, like a movie? I'd like to be able to project games. Can this be done?
  • Is Coverflow still there in iPod app? Didn't see it mentioned.
  • Can I turn 3G data off (ie: Airplane mode) so that I can save on my bandwidth?
  • (Might have been answered) Can I monitor how much data I've already used?
  • Can I rearrange books in iBooks? Can I bookmark multiple pages within a book? Can i highlight or annotate things in books? Will those highlights be saved?
  • Will Spotlight search work inside iBooks?
  • Do videos flip 180 degrees, or is it like the iPhone?
  • Keyboard dock - can i touch the screen while the iPad is in the dock? Does it fall over?

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2006
  • Can the Apple iPad case be folded all the way back, so I can use it in portrait?
  • (Might have been answered) Can I monitor how much data I've already used?

Here's a couple of answers
http://store.apple.com/go/product/ipad_case (one of the photos certainly appears to be)
http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/

• How do I sync contacts between my iPhone and iPad without Outlook, without syncing to Google, and without MobileMe (ie: without any go-between).
Are you referring to some sort of wireless service? If you sync with iTunes on a Mac you can go through the system address book.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
"With so much money, why were you wearing those horrible outdated jeans at the keynote? Would it kill you to get a personal shopper?"

*dons protective flamewear*

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
Not really a question but...

come on... why couldn't you make the VGA output at least 1024x768 to match the screen?

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008

You don't - Windows doesn't have a system-wide contacts store like OS X does. So Apple had to pick and choose which contacts systems to support on Windows. Outlook is the only one that has enough market share to even be worth considering.

When I was on Windows, I used Thunderbird for email and contacts, and then used a free extension to sync my contacts to google for inclusion on my iPhone. It worked, but there were always little incompatibilities that I was constantly working around. Having a system-wide contact store build into OS X is one of my favorites things about owning a mac.

Ronix

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
$ iPhone OS $

Steve,

Are you going to make loyal users pay for significant iPhone OS updates like they already have to for the iPod touch, when a lot of the features should be there already (think calc.app, notes.app, calendar.app, etc. not included with first iPod touch)?

-Ronix

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Not really a question but...

come on... why couldn't you make the VGA output at least 1024x768 to match the screen?

The VGA output does support 1024 x 768:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

what apps will support video out of some sort so i can hook a projector up (the quest of the week).

I could be wrong, but my guess is that the dock to VGA adapter will let you project whatever is on the screen, regardless of the app.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Hi Steve

just how much are you you going to charge us Brits for one of these ipads?

In fact strike that. I just want the damn date.
Quit messing With us man. You know when/ how much. Just tell me !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.