If you could give one piece of advice / a single recommendation...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by korpanopoly, Mar 13, 2008.

1. korpanopoly macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2008
    Hello All,

I recently received my very first Mac – a 2.4 GHz MBP. Resultantly, I am entirely new to the computer, the operating system and Macs in general.

This being the case, I am curious how each of you would answer this question:

What one hint / tip / trick / recommendation / piece of advice would you give to a new Mac owner to really get the most out of the computer / operating system? For example,

• Any really cool shortcuts that you couldn’t live without?
    • Any killer programs / applications that you love?
    • Any operating system functionality that you would recommend?
    • Any – anything that a new Mac owner should know about to make the most out of their Mac experience?

I very much look forward to your responses!

2. zepharus macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2007
    Im at work right now and canot expand, but I guarantee someone is going to tell you to use the search button
  3. lonesoul macrumors newbie

Jun 21, 2007

use search and google! well to start you off check this thread for apps http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=224036
  4. Sannekita macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2007
    you can download a widget on the apple website that's called OSX tutorials. It has exactly the things you are looking for!!
  5. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2008
    @ home.
    A quick list without all the hassle. This is what I, in my personal life, use the most.

-Adium(Instant Messenger)
    -Skype(Free Voip)
    -Tooble(Download video from YouTube)

Now, Garageband, iPhoto, iTunes are great. Use them wisely, and you will get excellent results.

Edit: Congratulations on your machine.
    Edit #2: Command+C Copy
    Command+V Paste
    Command+Q Quit Application
    Command+W Close Window
    Option+Shift+K Apple Logo()