If you could have any job what would it be?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Forget about skill for a momnet, lets say you could have any job in the world and you will be good at it what job would you want?

I would have to pick from two because i would love to do them both. One would be a computer game developer, i would work in a company such as Blizzard (or Blizzard) and would lead develope one of there games. Two would be a to head up a charity, i would run adds to collect money and give it to the poor. I have how i hear about charitys taking most of the money and i would like to help in that area.

How about you?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
The narrator's job in Fight Club - drawing a good annual salary for the job of not telling the press what I know about the company.

That, or Ski Patrol.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Helicopter pilot. Far freer and more interesting than a fixed wing pilot IMHO. One long sighted eye and one short sighted have put paid to that though :eek:

L

Lau

Graphic designer. :)

Edit: I had a think about this before I posted, that there might be anything else, but no. Pretty much not. I kind of always wanted to be the person who designed Kinder Egg toys, you know, the non-disappointing ones that you have to make, but I think that would probably get boring fast. ;)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
What I am doing now, except I would have enough income to tell the asshat clients to go fly a kite instead of kiss their hindquarters.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Programming chief at a network to decide what gets a shot at being developed. Alternatively, I would not complain too loudly if I were assistant to Hugh Hefner. And what exactly would I do for the top Bunnymaster ... does it make a difference? :)

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Lau said:
I kind of always wanted to be the person who designed Kinder Egg toys, you know, the non-disappointing ones that you have to make, but I think that would probably get boring fast. ;)
Reminds me of Bill Bailey - I am English, and this why I like Kinder Suprise. Crappy-tasting chocolate. Sh*tty little toy. A double whammy of dissapointment!

mad jew said:
I want to be Paris Hilton too.
Hehe, if you're gonna be a slut, why not be a slut on TV! :p

Game dev - specifically Free Radical (very possible, as I know one of their artists) or Bungie (not so possible, but we can all dream :D)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Nickygoat said:
Helicopter pilot. Far freer and more interesting than a fixed wing pilot IMHO. One long sighted eye and one short sighted have put paid to that though :eek:
Yeah, and getting licensed in the UK is a nightmare.

Get LASIK and come here. :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
iGary said:
What I am doing now, except I would have enough income to tell the asshat clients to go fly a kite instead of kiss their hindquarters.
Good to hear some are please and do what they want.

About the Helicopter, well I know a few people in the buisness and they fly the same destination every single day, nothing new. :eek:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Platform said:
Good to hear some are please and do what they want.

About the Helicopter, well I know a few people in the buisness and they fly the same destination every single day, nothing new. :eek:
I am really having a hard time with my biggest client right now. I so badly want to tell them to go frack themselves.

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
head fashion designer for Chanel or Marc Jacobs :rolleyes: because... why not? or a wedding dress designer [Vera Wang, watch out!!] ;)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
I kind of always wanted to be the person who designed Kinder Egg toys, you know, the non-disappointing ones that you have to make, but I think that would probably get boring fast. ;)
Ooh! Nobody I run into here knows what I mean when I try to describe the Kinder Surprise eggs! :eek:

I was going to say an heiress to an incredible fortune.

If not that. Then maybe a racehorse jockey. Dunno if I could actually handle the mental/physical stress of it, though.

Ooooooh! A personal shopper/make up artist for incredibly well-paying celebrities. :D Being paid massive amounts of money to spend even larger sums of money all day long.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
what i'm working towards. writing. and living solely off of that. even though that may not happen. i'll be trying forever.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Yup. Poet. But the pays not so good (maxing out around five cents a line, you know).

And people wonder why I don't believe in intellectual property ... mine's not worth anything! ;)