If you currently have an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, May 23, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

I would suggest waiting till next year when Apple is scheduled to deliver their in-house developed system on a chip that will be showing up in the iPhone. The next iPhone refresh would be a major dissapointment for current owners as the next true "update" will occur next year. I am not saying the new hardware updates won't be great - just not the kind of upgrade the refresh the next year is suppose to bring and the one we can all smile about.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol something better is ALWAYS around the corner

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

I hope your correct cause i dont want to buy another phone, when this one is workin fine

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

why would you have to get a new phone again? lol

can always not get the newest model you know. apple doesnt force you to buy it

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Indeed. Besides, I think I can 'settle' on twice as fast and twice as much RAM.

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I don't think we're ever going to see a MAJOR update with any future iPhone release. They are going to be far more evolutionary than revolutionary.

7. fratboy macrumors regular

screw that. i will buy it the minute it comes out.. and if apple were to come out with an iphone 3 days after that i would buy that one too..

i am going to buy a new iphone every year.

why not enjoy the new iphone .. sell it when the other new iphone comes out?

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

its like crack lol once you get hooked on it you want more

9. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i'm going to keep up with the new model. i mean it's a 300 dollar toy phone. it's not a thousand dollar computer. my 3g currently has a couple bumps on it as it is, to go along with several scratches on the screen. i dont think it's a big deal to shell out 2 or 3 hundred dollars a year, especially since i'm on the iphone more than my computer. and if apple keeps releasing in june/july i'll always have the money(july bday!)
    i really like how apple keeps it refreshed, it helps the iphone to stay up/ahead of the competition.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

There is little to nothing actually KNOWN about the 2009 model update and you're trying to tell us all about the 2010 phone? Geebus. AT&T could go all GM on us and fold, or iPhones could be found to cure cancer (if they don't already). You're doing an awful lot of speculating 13 months in advance.

11. matttye macrumors 601

It depends what you consider major.

Some would consider a video camera and better camera major. Some would consider the transition from 3g to 4g major (which will undoubtedly happen in the future)

12. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Thanks. I will definitely take into consideration your predictions on future products when making purchasing decisions....

13. bigchief macrumors 6502a

No, we're all going to get the iphone coming out next month so we can all have a better iphone than you. :)

14. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Honestly, why next year? Two years from now Apple will be releasing their New and Better© technology which will put next year's iPhone to shame.

And why stop there?

Three years from now you won't even believe what's in the pipeline for the iPhone that is coming out in 2013.

15. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

ok you guys - sarcasim is great and all...ah forget it.

anyways, i'm not waving a "DON'T BUY ANYTHING FLAG."

btw - there are already reports - if you missed them...sorry, i'm not going to go digging them up...you can look for them yourself - about Apples system on a chip showing up in the 2010 refresh. they are still actively developing it and didn't make the cut for this year.

buy what you want - your money, just saying because i know SOME users are wanting to wait.

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Amen

It should be obvious about that since a thread asking about the "next thing" is found on here every single day

17. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

true, but there is a distinctive difference between incremental upgrades and upgrades.

not everyone has cash to burn and would rather wait if they can.

18. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

I would love to get the phone next month, but I just got the 3g in December and can't pay full price :(

19. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I agree. I don't think we are going to see much in the way of hardware upgrades this year. 3.0 OS will be more impressive than a new model.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If it suits your needs when you get it, then it doesn't matter what is released after that.

21. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

or you could by the new one as to have an extra 1 year warranty on your iPhone (i have needed that 5 times, coming up to 6) and have some minor performance upgrades to pass the time between this update and the next?

22. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

Quite annoying that.

WHICH is why you always do your research before buying something as expensive as an iPhone.
    (Well to me its a tad past my budget so :p)

23. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I'm more excited for Firmware 3.0, cause my iphone will be a whole new beast with a lot more potential.

24. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

OP are you really suggesting that people wait 1 YEAR based on a rumor that might not even be true?

There is always something better around the corner, if we wait for everything we end up never getting what we want...

25. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because they don't exist. :confused:

WHAT system-on-a-chip?