If you delete messages from the outbox, does it stop it from being sent?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ahh, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ahh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I typed up an e-mail earlier and tapped send on my Mac Mail (Gmail-hosted account), and put my laptop to sleep. I opened it up 4 hours later and it was under outbox, and it said the time session timed out.

I deleted it from the outbox, and drafts as well, just in case so that I could send it again since this one said morning, and it is actually already afternoon.

The e-mail is very important (committee dissertation invite) so I don't want to look like a dummy sending it twice, one saying morning and the other afternoon :p

Is it safe to say I can send it again without worrying that it might send the other one later on as well? :confused:

Thank you!

2. vasanth4u macrumors member

vasanth4u

If you delete messages from the outbox, does it stop it from being sent?

Hi ..

If the message is stuck in outbox -it means its not sent-So if u delete it -it should not go to the recipient .

Tip :From next time -when your sending any important email -mark yourself a BCC so that you would know whether the other person has received or not .

3. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Agree on the bcc. To be safe I bcc myself on all business email.

But for the OP: just check the sent items folder and it should alleviate any concerns (well, assuming you don't see it there :)).

Michael