If you didn't pre-order, don't worry...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JesseW6889, Mar 15, 2012.

1. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

I think there is a GREAT chance that you will be able to find one in store somewhere, the amount of iPad's that Apple has shipped seems downright staggering according to all the reports I've read. I think Apple has finally figured out how to saturate the market on release, so that they are the ones making sales to people, and not scalpers.

I think part of the idea was also to screw the scalpers into buying 5 of them that won't be worth anything ridiculous!

The stores that will have them on the launch day: Walmart, Sam's Club, AAFES, Kmart, Circuit City... plus way more..

The logistics of deploying this many iPad's on the 16th is a feat on par with the iPad itself.

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i agree..they are also releasing in (almost) all of the other countries at the same time as well..which is unprecedented..

there are a lot of these out there...

3. noobinator macrumors 601

Over saturating the market is not the Apple way. Building hype through under saturation is much more likely and has always been the case. So this is odd, if true.

4. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

The fact that Apple remembered Kmart, when probably a good quarter of the population doesn't even remember Kmart, sounds awfully telling.

5. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

If that was the case why does Apple say 2-3 weeks on their OWN website?

6. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Because they set aside a certain number for pre-orders to ship out, and another number to sellers for in-store purchase.

7. JesseW6889 thread starter macrumors 6502

Because there own stock is out...

A lot of stores will probably sell out of stock just the same, but there are SO many stores getting iPads, and there are SO many countries getting them at the same time... its just staggering to think about the amount of coordination it takes for a company of that size to restrict delivery until the 16th, AND get all those iPads to all the backwater towns all over everywhere!

The difference with this release, versus the others, is Apple is hitting everyone everywhere hard and fast after people got used to new iPads being hard to find... be honest, how many of you ordered more than 1 to sell because you know that the supply hasn't met the demand in the past?

8. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Kwhat?? Isn't that the place where Sears products go to die?

9. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Ok...question then. I preordered a 32 GB Verizon iPad today...it says 2-3 weeks out. Is there anywhere I could get one sooner (including Verizon preorder) without standing in line...I have to work tomorrow.

10. JesseW6889 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd recommend Wal-Mart at midnight tonight, or Sam's Club tomorrow.

11. ckiggins, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

ckiggins macrumors 6502

JasonR - I also ordered a 32GB Verizon today. It is said to ship on 4/5.

I plan on getting to a Verizon store early tomorrow AM (6:30) so I can be one of the first in and then off to work shortly after 8.

I'm hoping lines aren't too long by the time I get in one at 6:30a.