iPhone XR If you do AT&T Next, can you still get Applecare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssledoux, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Was gonna get my XR through AT&T Next, just to keep from having that separate charge. Also, since I had to return my Max, I'm not getting the option yet to do an upgrade on my IUP anyway.

If I buy through AT&T, do I still have the option of Applecare. I swear when I was walking through the upgrade it offered it to me, but now I'm not seeing that option, and I HATE AT&T's insurance.

What are my options?

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Yes, just go to apple’s sight after getting your XR and purchase it from there

3. OTACORB, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

What I did was once I got my phone... you can download the Apple Support App and from that app once you login, it will give you an option to buy an annual or monthly AppleCare + plan.

4. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Does it give you the option to pay monthly from there? I know you can add it to your AT&T Next plan and pay monthly IF you do that order from the Apple site - just not seeing it as an option from the AT&T site.

5. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

Yes, you can do the monthly or annual. I updated my reply above.. I don't know what I was reading when I replied previously! LOL

6. lsmachado macrumors member

lsmachado

I ordered my Max through at&t Next. After I received it, I went through Apple website and purchased AppleCare + on the monthly payment plan. Their system runs a diagnostic on it and approves it. Then you just confirm your payment information.

7. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

I have ATT insurance and love it, it’s cheaper and covers lost and stolen. Yes AppleCare now offers that but it’s still more and doesn’t make your deductible lower the more you don’t use it.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

American Express also covers lost or stolen with their credit cards.

9. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

I’m with Sprint and have their coverage which includes Apple Care. They call the package Sprint Complete.
    When I use the Apple Support app it shows my XS Max as covered by Apple Care.

10. SnacksGU macrumors 6502

SnacksGU

Maybe that is the limited warranty?

11. Chele macrumors regular

Chele

You might want to contact Apple and just have them fix the upgrade issue. I had the exact same problem. I returned my Max and didn’t return the trade in kit with my old phone. Because of that, it said that I wasn’t eligible to upgrade and get the XR. I called them last night and they had to cancel the trade in kit and then it reset. The rep told me that you have to do that to get the eligibility to reset. None of the emails that Apple sent ever said that though. Anyway, she said it would take 7 days to reset but I checked it this morning and I was ready to preorder. Make sure you talk to someone with the iPhone upgrade program.

12. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Except the deductible with AT&T isn’t anywhere near $29 for a broken screen. I’ve used their insurance for years in the past, and we have paid no less than $100 deductible, and that’s when you’ve gone a while with no claim.