If you don't have your iPhone synced with your current computer iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by galaksy, Jun 11, 2014.

1. galaksy macrumors 6502

... Do you lose the music in your iPhone when you sync it with a new iTunes? I ask because long time ago she I did this I lost the music that I had in my iPhone.

I was wondering if this problem was fixed by any chance.

2. gw0gvq, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014

gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

I have iTunes Match but what I normally do if I have a new iPhone or mac is right click on my device i. in this case iPhone when its put into your pc and choose transfer before I sync. then anything that has been on your phone is transferred to your pc and so when the first sync is performed iTunes will ask you if you want to sync all from your PC and being you've already transferred you can say 'yes' .

3. galaksy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

When you have iTunes open and your device connected, the device name is shown in the left column, with a little down arrow in a dot directly to the right of the name. Right click that arrow to show a drop-down menu in order to choose what you want to do.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Apple has a number of ways to move an iDevice to a different PC/Mac. Some move the library itself so you're still using the "old" one and some transfer your items to a "new" library.