If you ever forget your passcode, this app is good for you!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleHack23, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AppleHack23 macrumors member

Hello, I've read many cases where people have forgotten their passcodes on their devices. I've made an application that wirelessly removes the passcode of the device its directed to. Your device needs to be Jailbroken, have OpenSSH installed, be on the same Wi-Fi network as the computer, and have been SSH'd into through Terminal at least once before. You need to know your devices network IP address, and root SSH password. You need to do some editing with Script Editor (Leopard), or AppleScript Editor (Snow Leopard). Instructions are included with the download. This is for Macs only, and there are 2 versions, 1 for advanced users, (less detailed, faster way), and 1 version for less advanced users, (detailed, slower way). You can get it from http://www.applehack23.com/AppleHack23/Downloads.html. Scroll down the page until you see the Passcode Reset downloads. I hope this helps many of you who have forgotten your passcode, or friends have changed it.

*EDIT

I forgot to mention that this removes all passcodes and passwords in the device. You will have to retype Wi-Fi network passwords again, Mail passwords again, etc.

2. AppleHack23 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I searched all over for this kind of application. Seems a bit lengthy...my app takes about 1 minute to complete all the steps. 30 seconds to edit the AppleScript, and 30 seconds to run the code.