If you guysndont think the ipad doesnt have hardcore games

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stirolak123, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Stirolak123, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

For ultrra comoetitive gamers like then dumb a$$es at the super meat boy team, you havent played these five games on it yet: Infinity Field, Minotaur Rescue, Reckless Racing, Samurai 2 in hard mode, and The new keage of evil impossible missions update.

Btw i think the guy, legendary game maker, who created minitaur rescue had to have been on some seriou.sly good mushrooms when he made that game. It has to be some of the weirdest and most bizarree gaming ive ever done. After a while the game just starts sucking you in toward the center and i have no idea how to not die.

Oh and for all these games the fling ipad control attachment is a must. Just a single one.

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Sounds like you had to many mushrooms yourself.

Edit: after looking at the games, my PS3, Xbox and even Wii have nothing to worry about. They will get used.

Enjoy your "hardcore" gaming. Don't let the pretty colors distract you.

3. Stirolak123, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good luck with wasting $60 on overpriced games for those systems while I have more fun and addicting games for $2. I wonder how you ultra competitive gamers who spend over $100 on games per week or two ever get girlfriends or justify your habits to them.

When I said uktra competitive gamers in my initial post I was just making fun of how anal, obnoxious and narcissticn youn guys are. Oh no it must suck cause it has no buttons, the end of the world!

Yea wii games are so great playing mini games that last you one minute with horrible motion tracking where your grandma can beat you at wii sports by just flailing her arms around. Yea that is so much betterof gaming ...

4. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Or go ahead play your japanese games looking like a man child with main characters running aorund with spiky hair and shorts. Bottom line is there is a reason those games I mention get high review scored by professionalngame reviewers. Look upminfinity field, it got almost perfect praise by even multinplatform gaming sites. I personally like American games and uniwue games over call of dutyor any other activision crap but thats me. I dont support a company who fires workers for profits and festroys franchises just cause they arent as popular.

5. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

By the way you do realize the Nba jam game ea just release for thhe app store is the same as the wii version right? And that dead space for the iapad is actually superior right? Same thing with world of goo and need for speed hot pursuit.

6. sinsin07, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011

sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Oooo. Hit a nerve did we. You talk about girlfriends but here you are responding to yourself, sounds lonely. Sure sign of the mushrooms kicking in.

I agree, the games are expensive. Waste? That's relative. Have more fun? Sounds like something a five year old would say, it's not provable that you have more fun. Subjective.

The word is narcissist. I'm surprised you could use obnoxious and narcissist in a sentence. I'm not a youn (as you spell it) person, rather a grandfather who has been gaming since Pong.

I'm no English grammatical expert, however you should rant less and pay attention to syntax. Some of your post are a little hard to follow in places.

If you lay of the mushrooms, you'll find that the motion tracking is not bad. On my Xbox with Kinect it amazing. I play with my older children, who are in their late 20's, and they love the Kinect. So does my girlfriend and x Wife. I'm not going to deny that the iPad has some interesting games, but nothing on the level of my PS3, Xbox or Wii (this is an opinion). The iPad for the most part is a self indulgent device, so what's the difference between you and your iPad and a pimply face kid in his parents basement playing a console?

I can deduce by your comments you're a young'in with no children, however the Wii is a fun activity to play with your family on a rainy or snowy day. It would be kind of hard to play as a family on a iPad. Console games are becoming more immersive and less sitting on your rear end.

I can also deduce you have no HD TV over 60 inches. When you are able to get one, hook up a PS3 of Xbox and play some Modern Warfare, GTA, MGS4, or something similar. I think you will enjoy it.

The rest of your post are just rants, so I will leave them alone.

7. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

/agree

8. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I HAVE A Wii!! Here is a revelation.Ii also have a gaming PC and a Mac. But i still find myself drawn to faced paced arcade games that the iPad offers to get some quick adrenaline fixes like infinity Field. Its all apples and oranges. So far the iPad seema to be the onoy modern system that keeps those arcade tames alive. Its not profitable to make them for any other system and arcaxe cabinets are dead. With the fling it is perfect. Also for certain types of gamers like point and click adventure, board games, and role playing games where you cna interaxt in a fighting men quickly like in final fantasy by touch without going trough the dpad motions it is also the best. There are uses for all these systems or types of games that work on each best but the iPad is a great gaming device as well. Much better than the psp2 wit its small screen will ever hope to be. Because the ipad doesnt try to be what its not ans content is pretty much created by the users for the users because the app storeindy scene.

Oh and ea is putting more effort in it than the wii. Nba jam, battlefield bad company 2, dead space, etc. Are all better thsn their wii offerings. The reason your post hit a nerve because you sounded like one of those ign or kotsku commenters who never even knows how to sue the device fully or owns one and criticises it. Like those people who say putting photoshop on ipad is impractical (despite the fact it slready has it in art studio they never realize).

9. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

And I like how you mention GTa without even realizing the iPad has GTA Chinatown wara and other similar games like Gameloft's Gangstar series.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

Is this a miserable failure at a 'My cock is bigger than yours' thread.

Realistically, you're arguing about what gaming platform is better, that in itself says more about you than your gaming choices ever could :D

11. shotts56 macrumors 6502

What on earth is a "faced paced game" ? :D:D:D

Outstanding.