Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SSpiro, Jun 25, 2007.
What would you spend it on, besides RAM?
2nd AC adaptor (just got one)
Leather slip case w/pouch
Good (fashionable) backpack or messenger bag
Speck Hard case (just got one)
Marware protection pack (just got one)
DVI>TV out (jsut got one)
3.5mm > 2xrca stereo output (just got one)
I think that'd max the $500 or get close!
Well, BTO, I'd get the largest HDD. Spin speed is only helpful if your drive is at less than 75-80% use, and that doesn't take long with smaller 2.5" HDDs.
Aftermarket, I'd get:
Speck hard case
Wireless Apple Mighty Mouse & keyboard
Extra AC adapter
If it were my $500.
1. a bestskinsever or invisible shield (to protect from scratches)
2. buy a bigger hard drive and pay for authorized apple service provider to install it (so warranty is not voided) (upgrading the hard drive won't void the warranty, but if something does go wrong, and the hard drive is the problem, then you're out of luck)
3. a thin case (marware for frugal, but sleek, and booqbags if you want to spend money for spending's sake)
4. wireless keyboard and mouse
5. elevator or other stand for ergonomics
6. memory card reader that fits into the expresscard slot
7. 3 year applecare!
For me they would be:
A stylish backpack that doesnt appear to be for a computer
Sleeve or hardcase
Keyboard cover or skin
1. A good protective case: Tom Bihn's brain cell is great protection and you can put in any backpack.
2. Moshi Palmguard and trackpad film and MAYBE iskin keyboard protector.
3. An Mstand from rain design to use on your desk
4. A macally icekey keyboard
5. An adjustable keyboard shelf
6. A backup disk: g-tech or seagate
7. Superduper backup software
8. an ergonomic mouse (airo2bic mouse is the most comfortable I think)
I think that's about it...
1. a Duluth Pack messenger bag
2. an extra AC adaptor or battery
3. an Incase sleeve
4. memory card reader
5. some sort of small bus-powered firewire hard drive
6. Logitech Revolution VX
7. Apple Wireless Keyboard
8. Grado SR60 headphones
More RAM (heh)
250GB WD hard drive (DIY!)
Extra AC adapter & spare battery.
That's probably about it, and the first two I plan to cover fairly soon!
Is that HDD internal?!
yes, but it also means taking the risk of disassembling the macbook pro and hoping nothing else goes wrong
Hmm. Might be worth having an Apple Certified center to install?
Stylish sleeve like the one from Sumo
Stand, wireless mouse and wireless keyboard
XP for bootcamp and Oblivion
Guess thats it!