If you had a small concert venue...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ender land, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ender land macrumors 6502a

... what would you do with it?

I'm curious what sorts of things people would use a venue like this for.

Great speakers, light system, etc. There is also a mezzanine level upstairs you can just see the floor of.

Also, things other than "live music" would be appreciated... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I'd remove the chairs, get a liquor license, and turn it into a bar with live music

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

4. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is a projector setup... :D

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

How many seats can it hold? What does it cost to use the facility (i.e. is there a rental fee per use? Do you need to hire techies? etc). How are the acoustics? Are there any backstage facilties?

7. Fresh Tendrils, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

Fresh Tendrils macrumors regular

Comedy night would probably be best. I was going to suggest renting it out to birthday parties, or speed dating, but I see that you have carpet, and that could get wrecked pretty quickly.

Also you should probably check out what the regulations are regarding maximum capacity, fire exits, no. of bathrooms etc. From the photo it looks like there is only one exit. So whatever you do, have a chat with the local fire service or safety inspector and check out what you need to comply with.

You could also think about renting it out for corporate events [seminars, information sessions etc]. Though they might expect you to have a liquor license.

You should also think about what kind of area you are in. Are you in a residential area? A business area? Near a school or university? You should work who's nearby so that you can target your strategy towards them. For example I live near a community hall. It's a residential area and there is an old folks home up the road. They hold a lot of events in the hall.

8. leekohler, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

9. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

You could turn in into a front for a drug lab?

10. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

Install an insane sound system, an array of scanners and various other effect lights, and a few laser projectors. I'd host Nero, feed me, red, and last but not least skrillex. It would be beyond epic.

11. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

This would be epic :D

There is an insane sound system.. but only 1.5 scanners atm :)

It's more or less in a residential area. I like the idea of doing things with some of the older folks, especially during the day.

About 150-200 seats, reasonably cheap to rent (~$200 an event), most techies are volunteer, acoustics are awesome, there is a small room for prep (not directly backstage, however).

12. Boltonic macrumors newbie

13. snberk103 macrumors 603

Hmm.... sounds intriguing....

What size is the community you're in? Big city, little town? etc... if you are in a small community, is there a big city nearby? Are there other venues in the area?

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

15. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

There's a place here in pensacola beach called Vinyl Music Hall that is slightly larger than this and has a bar who play live music all the time! They are only open on days they have events but have gotten some pretty "big" names like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Wu-Tang Clan, Lil Kim, Ludacris, and LOTS of dubstep/electronic music. They don't have any pics up on the site but a quick Google Image search will show you some decent ones.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Not in something that size you wouldn't! :D