If you had this keyboard rMBP issue, would you get it repaired?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, May 9, 2017.

?

Would you get it repaired eventually?

1. Yes, get 100% keys working 100%

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. nah, not worth bothering, count your blessings its a weird quirk

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

If I were to get it repaired it would be way down the road as this is my primary machine and I cannot afford to be without it for now, but

all keys work without issue,

volume down only left half works, always been that way since I got the machine in the fall

I have AppleCare on it too but I feel like if nothing else is wrong with keyboard, I lucked out compared to what Ive been reading

would hate to do a repair and have more keys that were working fine break, knowing my luck and shoddy quality control

people who have gotten keyboards repaired, did it fix it or present new problems?

considering I can work around this, it is annoying but I don't want to be worse off or have to deal with multiple repairs for same issue (been there done that with other machines)

thoughts?

2. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

Get it fixed. You paid for a working system...

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

oh definitely, but just wonder if its gonna turn into a multiple repair headache, and not worth it in the end

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You paid a premium price for the laptop, then you should get a premium experience. Why settle for a defective unit when these machines are so expensive.

tl;dr Get it repaired :)

5. duffyanneal, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017

duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Have them take a look at it. It may just be something under the key or a bad key mechanism they can fix quickly.

6. jerryk macrumors 68040

Take it in

Until they look at they cannot give an estimate of what it will take to fix it. It may turn out to be something trivial, or may be something bigger. But, you can't know and make an informed decision until they look at the system.

7. thadoggfather, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

definitely, I intend to at some point for sure

I just wonder if its worth bothering anytime soon, considering all important keys work 100% of the time

for example if I had a letter or number, or anything else on the fritz, it woulda gone in by now

but vol down still works, its just on half the key. annoying, not the way it should be, but I've gotten burned by getting the same thing repaired over and over again and being worse off than if I never bothered

it seems some people are having numerous key issues, swapping the whole machine, multiple times, with this butterfly keyboard

--

maybe someone who has had the keyboard repaired can you let me know how it went? or a machine swap (not an option for me now, but just out of curiosity of rolling the dice yet again)

thanks

this would be preferable!

edit- they said more than likely would need to replace the whole keyboard, yikes

yeah no way I'm bothering with that right now. down the road definitely,