if you have $400, what would you like to buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by noviantonugroho, Oct 1, 2012.

1. noviantonugroho macrumors newbie

hello everyone, i just wanna ask you. what would you like to buy if you have $400 cash right now.

my option is ipod touch 5th gen, iphone 4 unlocked, wait for the ipad mini.

give me your advice please. thanks.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. noviantonugroho thread starter macrumors newbie

too expensive just for the hooker dude.:D

i'm serious. any idea?

3. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

A hooker. And blackjack!

----------

Seriously, I bought a 5th gen iPod touch. ;)

4. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

My answer would be irrelevant because I'm not you.

Don't buy devices based purely on budget alone, which is what you're doing as you haven't given reasons why you might want to choose one over the other.

5. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Haha! Fair enough!

In all honesty, your choices are all aimed at different things. Do you need a new phone? If not I'd wait it out for the iPad Mini. But since you listed a phone as a possible option, do you need a new one?

6. urban.spaceman macrumors member

Two fire breathing whores.

7. noviantonugroho, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

noviantonugroho thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i need a mobile device. the device that can connect to the world every single time. i like the new ipod touch design but it's very useful only if you connect to wifi. also i like the ipad mini idea, because its less heavy and not too big. i considered about iphone 4 but since the dock has changed i'm worry about that. i think iphone 4 is still okay just for the next 2 years. i'm really confused. haha
    what about you? what will you buy?

8. gpat macrumors 6502a

Prepaid smartphone with Virgin or T-Mobile if you are in the USA.
    That's half the budget.
    Then spend the other half on a hooker.

9. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It all depends what you're looking for. Do you need a phone? Do you need a tablet? Or do you just want something small to play with? I already have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3, so my needs have been met. What kind of phone are you currently using? Do you currently own any iDevice's? There are way to many variables to consider before answering your question.

EDIT: After reading your last post, it is obvious you should get an iPhone. You can get a 4S instead of a 4 for $400.

10. xjosh macrumors regular

11. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

You can rule out the iPod Touch because it won't be able to "connect to the world every single time" without a cellular data connection.

The iPad Mini hasn't been announced yet so nobody knows what its capabilities are.

Why are you worried about the dock connector? Accessories and cables aren't going to disappear overnight.

12. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Pretty sure iPad 2's are $400? Might be wrong but I would look for a refurbished iPad

13. dthree36 macrumors regular

Well, seeing how you won't be able to get your hands on the 5th gen iPod Touch for a few weeks, and the looming rumors of iPad Mini. I would say wait it out until the iPod is out. Then go play with the thing. iPhone, well you will need to pay for service so that might not be a fantastic option unless that is what you were going to do any way.

I have an iPhone 4s and it does it job. I also have an iPad two so best of both worlds. For someone with none of these, I would say that it really depends on overall needs. If you need a portable device that keeps you in contact pretty much everywhere, then the iPhone is the way to go. IF you need the same and don't mind a larger device, then the iPad will do just about everything the iPhone will do minus a small package.

Its your call, you know how and what you will use and what best suits your needs. I would still say wait till mid October to see if the iPad mini is unveiled. If you are in no immediate rush, its your best bet to have everything to choose from.

14. noviantonugroho thread starter macrumors newbie

haha why you have to spend some money for hooker when you can get it for free :D:D

i've a nokia 2730. not so smart, i mean it's definitely not smart haha. i don't have any iDevice yet but i always follow all the news about it. yeah i prefer a small device like ipod touch or iphone than ipad. thanks dude, maybe i'll reconsidered about buying an iPhone instead of ipod touch.

maybe i'll wait till ipad mini come out. so i'll have 2 option for buying a ipad mini or iphone. thanks dude, after i read your comment i'll rule out the ipod touch.

yeah i think i'll wait till the ipad mini come out and then i just have 2 option for buying iphone or ipad mini. thanks dude.

15. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

How? Do you know what a hooker actually is?

16. noviantonugroho thread starter macrumors newbie

i meant you can bang your friend haha

17. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

If the unlocked iPhone4 is the AT&T model and without a contract, then I'd recommend that... and using it with Straight Talk (assuming that AT&T service is acceptable in your area). $45/month (plus local tax) for unlimited talk/text/data is a terrific deal. I've been using ST for about 4 months and have absolutely no complaints.

One of the unexpected benefits of having an iDevice with the old style connector port is that you'll be able to buy accessories/docks for them at clearance prices. My local Target store has iPod/iPhone docks on clearance at 50-75% off regular price.