Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgzilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
New Jersey
This is just a test. I'm seeing everyone flipping out because of a memory leak (that will probably be updated and fixed in snow leopard within the next week or two) and saying there's screen flickers, etc etc. in their new 27" iMac.

I just paid $2700 for a computer I don't even have yet (the i7), and I just want to make sure there are SOME people that don't have issues with their 27" iMac.

If you have issues with your 27" iMac, DON'T POST THEM HERE.

If your 27" iMac works like a BEAST (as it should) please let everyone know below.

Thanks

negatv1

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2005
MI
I got the base model 27inch on Friday, been on since it was delivered. Use it at least 10 hours a day, sleeps when not in use.

No Problems.

And I'd like to think I'd notice if my machine was not running properly. All day long I use it at work which means I have all my development tools on the Mac side, two Windows XP vm's running at the same time, and iTunes, email, Firefox with lots of tabs open, a bunch of terminal windows, etc..

No problems at all.

I have 8gb of RAM installed on the machine, but other than that it's just the standard 27inch base model configuration.

OldMike

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Dallas, TX
Like the OP, I am very interested in what is going on with the 27" iMacs. I'm thinking a Poll might be better for this, as I would be interested in seeing the percentage of 27" iMac owners here that are having issues vs the percentage that are not. When I read this thread, I'm still left wondering how many have issues vs how many don't.

Didn't mean to disrupt...

invisionblue

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
I'm ordering the same one you're getting next week. However it may be hard to compare with others as ours will be a little different.

mgzilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
New Jersey
I was in a different section of the board and was reading that people are having problems with safari--anybody using safari and it's working fine and up to date?

Thanks again.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
I bought a base 27", and it's fantastic! I've had no issues with mine so far; it runs like a charm, and I love the brilliance of the screen.

zrankin

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Stock 27 and added 4 gigs of ram ... Runs perfect and the quality of the screen is phenomenal, outstanding sharpness, true blacks and perfectly clean whites
very impressed but wondering if I should have waited and went with the latest and greatest i7 technology.. But $500 $600 more is worth it?!?

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
This is just a test. I'm seeing everyone flipping out because of a memory leak (that will probably be updated and fixed in snow leopard within the next week or two) and saying there's screen flickers, etc etc. in their new 27" iMac.

I just paid $2700 for a computer I don't even have yet (the i7), and I just want to make sure there are SOME people that don't have issues with their 27" iMac.

If your 27" iMac works like a BEAST (as it should) please let everyone know below.

Thanks

About time we see a post like this.......;)

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
27" base model. No problems.

Quiet, does not seem to slow down over time, can play flash movies, no stuck pixels, no fan noise.

Hard drive is audible occasionally read/writes but very low volume (kind of like a faint sound of someone tapping a finger on a desk). Not constant or rhythmic but it is there from time to time. Other than the hard drive, silent.

Is big though. Might be a little too big. Great to have 2 docs side by side in full size but don't feel bad if you get the smaller model.

brewser

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2006
I have the stock 27" with no problems. I did have a problem when I used Superduper to restore my data from my 24" imac. The brightness settings wouldn't work so I called apple and the guy said to take the install disks and install snow leopard over again. This fixed my brightness issue.
Everything seems smoother then my 24".

Slovig

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2007
My base model 27" is turning one week tomorrow, no problems behind the screen, but I have noticed some marks on my screen, not dead pixels, but like dirt on the inside of the screen, there's like 3 spots on the screen, that don't affect anything, but whenever I see it, even though I know its on the inside of the screen, I go to wipe it off as if it was dust or dirt, and I slap myself each time, because I always do it. But other than that, I can easily have multiple tabs in firefox, ichat, itunes, limewire, a dvd playing, and a Q emulation open at once, because I'm doing it now.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Can you guy who are not having issues mention where you purchased them from? If you got them from an Apple retail store, can you tell us which Apple retail store?

jmonfire

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
hmm

Can you guy who are not having issues mention where you purchased them from? If you got them from an Apple retail store, can you tell us which Apple retail store?

does that make any difference?
shops order their stocks and they just receive and sell
it's not like one shop gets better ones..

five337

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
I have 2 27"s and my buddy has 1. All bought in vegas.

First 27" - Fashion Show Mall - Oct 21. Works Fine. No user Migration - just kept it clean.

Second 27" - Town Square - Oct 24. AWEFUL. User Migration from 10.6.1. After 20mins the machine is unusable. Did a clean install with no user migration - same problems.

Third 27" - Town Square - Oct 29. Works Fine. User Migration of 700gb from 10.6.1. We tried everything to get it to act up - it works like a champ.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I have 2 27"s and my buddy has 1. All bought in vegas.

First 27" - Fashion Show Mall - Oct 21. Works Fine. No user Migration - just kept it clean.

Second 27" - Town Square - Oct 24. AWEFUL. User Migration from 10.6.1. After 20mins the machine is unusable. Did a clean install with no user migration - same problems.

Third 27" - Town Square - Oct 29. Works Fine. User Migration of 700gb from 10.6.1. We tried everything to get it to act up - it works like a champ.

Remember - - it is forbidden to mention malfunctioning 27" iMacs in this thread!

jdg07

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
Stock 27" here, and it is working great now.

I experienced some lag and slowdown issues at first when I migrated all of my info from my old 20" imac. Fortunately, it seems I was able to fix this issue by wiping the drive, doing a clean install of SL, resetting the pram, and then manually moving over my important files from an external HDD. Now the computer is working wonderfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.