Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I will be upgrading, as I skip every other iPhone (starting from #1). I'm not going to go crazy to get one on Friday though, I'm going to wait until the chaos goes away...and after there's a body of reports from new owners.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Ordered this morning on corporate plan. I'm sure order won't be pushed till 20th, but nice to have it in, nonetheless.

BimmerNFS

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012
Indiana
For sure going to upgrade!! I have a 32gb white 4s. Personally 32gb has suited my needs very well. Going from 4s to 5s we are gaining a lot. a7, lte, 4" display, camera. I cant wait till friday!!! I am a little worried about the supply and how many will be available. A buddy works for Verizon store and they only got 17 5s's .

Makaveliarts

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I have a 64GB 4s I've had since it's release day. Here are the reasons I'm upgrading:

Fp Scanner: I've wanted this for a LONG time, and Apple implemented it well, really happy about this :D

Bigger Screen: (ONLY because it gets rid of the black bars on videos, besides that I don't care)

MUCH Better Camera & Flash

MUCH Better processor

Most likely improved battery life

More RAM: Now the RAM is 1gb DDR3 rather than the 5/5c's 1gb DDR2 RAM, which will be far superior to the 512 DDR2 RAM on the 4s...

I have LTE in my City now, so I need a LTE capable phone (This will be great)

These are the Cons of upgrading for me:

The iPhone 5/5s weigh A LOT less than the 4s. I actually like my phone to feel heavy in my hand, tbh.

The 5s doesn't come in Slate, or Gold/Black, which is disappointing.

Lifeproof (My favorite Case makers) have not made a case for the 5s yet, which meant I had to buy myself a case and some screen protectors which came up to about 35$. I'm going to use this case until LP come out with their case.

No Apple Store in town, So I'm going to have to order online and hope I don't have to wait 3+ Weeks hahaha. I CANNOT guarantee that I will be able to order the phone at 3 AM Eastern depending on what's happening

No 128 GB hard drive, I honestly could've used at least 94gb of it.

Normally there would be Launch Day Delivery, but this year Apple had to go **** everything up. The reason why this is important is because I was going to give my 4s to my friend so she doesn't have to deal with her crap phone anymore. Now she has to wait. Getting the 5s sooner rather than later would of been great either way...

There's a lot more too it than all this, I just got tired of typing a wall.

And to the OP; I'd definitely leave Sprint lol

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Nope. Bought my 4S new when the 5 came out (many reasons why I won't buy one). Passing the 4S on to the wife when my 5C comes in.
Almost the same here, right down to the yellow 5c. I've loved my 4S, but I just haven't fallen in love with the aluminum 5 body. I did, however, like the 5c shape because I'm a former 3G owner. I'll give up the fingerprint sensor and slightly better camera (the A7 is going to be lost on my kind of usage) for the comfort of the 5c's curves.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
Upgrading from a Sprint 4S to a AT&T 5S for the same reason. $92 a month for non existent service... **** Sprint!!

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I am trying to decide what to do. I am eligible through AT&T to upgrade. I have a 64GB iPhone 4S. I bought the 4S in November 2011. Just last week the Sleep/Wake button stopped working, but since I thankfully had Applecare+, Apple just gave me a new one (or at least a newly refurbished one). I am happy with the 4S and it has been running just fine with iOS 7. I can probably get around $350 -$400 for it on eBay along with the accessories I would sell with it and that would certainly help pay for most of a 64GB iPhone 5s. But I am trying to decide if I want to be tied down with another 2 year contract (and it is fully 24 months before I would be eligible to upgrade this time unlike last time which was 18 months I believe) or do I wait until next year when the new design with probably a larger screen iPhone comes out? The new features of the 5s sure do seem nice. Decisions decisions....

akswun

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2009
I don't really know at this point. I have an iPhone 4.
The lock screen button, volume buttons and the mute switch are broken. The back is smashed. I use a tough but crappy case now to avoid getting cut. I'm using the on-screen accessibility option to use the funtions that are broken.

I've been pouring over getting the 5S for the past few days.

Then........... ios7 comes out...... which is available for the iPhone 4.

ios7 is faster than ios6. Not much lag at the moment. Don't get air drop, but there's apps for that. New camera? I have a 'real' camera. Instagram/FB pics don't need to be HD. Finger print sensor... I actually don't use a PW lock on my phone. I don't really care actually. My phone is almost always with me or I know exactly where it is. If it gets stolen... "Oh no!" don't take my pictures of my dog and cat kissing.... you get the point. Maybe I should care more.

But at this point I'm not really sure if I should even get the 5S. All I can really think of is what is next for the iPhone 6. But I have to say, a lot of the stuff thats going down with the iPhone and iPads wouldn't fly if Steve was around. I think they're slipping. I hope it doesn't last too long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.