If you have a 6+ on 8.0.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YouGoGlenCocoa, Nov 11, 2014.

1. YouGoGlenCocoa macrumors member

Sep 18, 2013
    Keep it that way!! I upgraded mine to 8.1 and the battery is complete **** now. I can watch it diminish in real time. Now my 6+ is just as useful as my old worn out 5s...
  2. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Aug 14, 2014
  3. 3lionsbecks Suspended

Jul 19, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    OK. So obviously that isn't the way it is supposed to be so if you are having this problem you should bring it to the apple store and get it checked out.

I have my 6+ on 8.1 and the battery works absolutely great.

unless you're just trolling of course....
  4. arftech macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2010
  5. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

May 31, 2005
    College Station, TX
    No issues here. Maybe it's time for you to make a trip to the Apple store?
  6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

Jun 19, 2007
    mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
    Restore the phone to 8.1 and setup as a new phone. Fixed. /thread
  7. snsking macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2013
    I had the same thing happen to me with 2 iPhones.

My original iphone 6 came with 8.0.2 and after I updated to 8.1 the battery would only last 4/5 hours max. Then when I swapped for a 6+, the battery once again became complete ass.

I restored several times, set up as new, dfu restored, did everything and I could just not get the battery back to how it was.

I had an Apple genius look at it and they swapped it out for a new one, I'm getting 10+ hours usage almost.

Don't upgrade to 8.1
  8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

Aug 15, 2011
    I have had no issues with 8.1 on mine.
  9. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

Sep 18, 2013
    I wish I had an apple store closer! The nearest one is 3 hours away :/. I will surely try to set up as a new phone maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the help
  10. GrecoISU macrumors member

Apr 2, 2011
    I immediately updated mine to 8.1 upon purchase so I haven't experienced it differently. Unless I'm streaming video or extended time rebuilding things in Clash of Clans I have about 25% battery at the end of the day.

That being said, while at work it's on airplane mode because of intermittent signal.

It's a really good battery but I think from the hype I'm slightly disappointed. I'd love to see two days without having to charge.
  11. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Sep 16, 2010
    Ky Close to CinCinnati
  12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    OTA update patches can be buggy sometimes.
    Like said above i'd suggest to restore with itunes to the latest 8.1 and setup as new.
    My battery life is great on 8.1 but I did a restore with itunes.
  13. haruhiko macrumors 601

Sep 29, 2009

Totally agree. The battery life was reduced by at least 20% comparing with 8.0.2.
  14. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2010
    Why do people think that because they are having one very specific problem that everyone with that phone is or will experience that same issue? Like every problem they have is pervasive among all iPhones? And then come here and post their problem announcing as if they have found a universal issue. I really don't understand this. Do you do that when your car has an issue? You assume and announce to the world that all of these cars are going to have YOUR exact same issue?
  15. bunnicula macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2008
    My battery life stayed pretty much the same. Sounds like a defect.