All iPads If you have a big screen iPhone, do you still use your iPad for content consumption?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gdourado, Feb 5, 2019.

1. pika2000 macrumors 601

The largest phone still has smaller screen than even the iPad mini. For content consumption, an iPad is still superior for comfort and enjoyment.

Of course, personally I prefer watching movies on my big screen TV. :D But that’s another thread.

2. Saskat macrumors member

Saskat

Put it this way - I only use my phone when I have no other choice.

3. now i see it macrumors 68030

I was given a normal sized iPad as a gift and after trying to like it for a month I finally gave it away. I didn't like using it. Too big. Too heavy. To unwieldy. Screen not as sharp as a Plus iPhone.
    I'll never use an iPad ever again for anything. I enjoy movies on a Plus iPhone. Easy to hold it.
    But then again, I reeeeeeeally don't like looking at blurry TV screens either.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I think that an iPad Mini (7.9” display) is the smallest device I’d watch any media longer than a short YouTube video on. Movies and television shows weren’t meant to be watched on a pocket sized screen. One of the many reasons why a big phone still can’t replace a tablet for me.

My phone is my primary device for communication, music, navigation, photography, and some other tasks when I’m out and about, but even an iPad Mini is better for web surfing and media.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 10, 2019 at 9:30 AM ---
    This says it all. Even the smallest iPad provides significantly more screen real estate than the latest iPhone. At the end of the day, a phone still has to be small enough to fit in most hands and pockets, while a tablet isn’t expected to.