If you have a slight problem with your MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by painholic, Aug 27, 2010.

1. painholic macrumors member

If you have a slight problem with your MBP, would you wait until last week of 1 year warranty to get it exchanged?

Right now I have a button problem that is really not big deal to me, but I wanna get this exchanged some day. I am thinking about exchange it as late as possible then sell the exchanged one. By then, the new MBP would be here :)

Your thoughts?

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

Keep dreaming, Apple doesn't replace computers for one lousy measly button issue.

3. borisiii macrumors 6502

I would leave long enough to make sure you have time to fix it, so don't leave it until you have a week left then discover you can't get a genius appointment for another ten days. Remember that when they carry out a repair, they extend the warranty for an extra three months so it doesn't make that much difference. I would get it repaired asap so you can enjoy it at its best.

4. amoda macrumors 6502a

+1

They're not going to replace a $2,000 computer because of a $2 piece of plastic that they can replace.

5. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

sounds like fraud to me......

6. Drudkh macrumors newbie

I would suggest you not to wait until the last minute to get things fixed and Apple do not do 1 to 1 exchange unless it is beyond repair.