If you install Cydia again, will it erase your Jailbreaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Incredible, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I went to my packages, and decided to remove a few of them, but everyone of them that I tried to remove said that it's unsafe or whatever.

Anyway, I removed this one package cause I didn't want it anymore, and after I respringed my phone, the cydia app was removed.

Would I be able to install Cydia again, without erasing my jailbreaks?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Generally, running Cydia over top of an existing install corrupts the database
    I recommend using a spotlight search to see it Cydia is still on your phone

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did do a spotlight search, nothing came up.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In that case, I guess you could re-run Redsn0w and reinstall Cydia, but, you may get a corrupted database if that was not deleted along with the Cydia app.

If Cydia comes back, when you open it, be patient, let it set up and re-organize. It takes some time.

There are a few tricks to try to fix the database if that happens

Oh, and it it comes back, do not try and remove default sources again

5. Mr. Incredible, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the thing, they weren't default sources, they were stuff that I downloaded from the Cydia store, but for some reason it said that it was unsafe for me to remove it.

I tried to just add the Extras, and clicked on Just Boot, but nothing worked.

I have to reinstall Cydia, right?

The thing I'm worried about, is that I spent $20 for Spire/Siri, I'm not going to have to spend all that money again, am I?

EDIT: I just jail broke it, but nothing happened. The Cydia store isn't showing up, but I still have all of my tweaks.

6. rockey95 macrumors newbie

about 3 days ago i had also deleted Cydia by accident but i ran the jailbreak last night using Redsnow and everything worked fine, it asked to install Cydia and i clicked yes and after it was all finished i still had all my tweaks and also the Cydia icon.

thanks