if you just received your phone now...any reception issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oldschool, Jul 23, 2008.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

If you just received your phone in the last day or two, do you have any reception issues? What is your serial number week code? (ie. the first five numbers)

mine is 86827. The 27 is apparently the production week.

I'm wondering if they've fixed the problem.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Nobody I know that has bought one within the last week has had any

Two in fact saw dramatic INCREASES in reception from their original iPhones

3. steinbch macrumors newbie

I bought mine on day 1. I have a serial number that starts with 88828.

I've had very little reception issues. I am getting better reception than with my Verizon phones while in my apartment.

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I have no reception issues. I get 1 bar of 3G in my house (but it works fine) and 3-5 bars of EDGE. Occasionally EDGE will drop down to 1 but that only happens when I put it next to my computer, either the signals are interfering with each other or when I lay it flat it can't get a good signal :confused: Sound quality is crystal clear and overall I'm happy with the performance.

# is 85829 (received it today)

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Week 29 and reception issues. Won't hold on to a 3G signal (sitting in my house it will fluctuate from no bars to full 3G. I notice it does this sometimes outside so it can't be the tower/obstructions.

Edge works perfect on it though and noticeably better then the old 1G phone. I live in a strong 3G market that's been around since 04 (DC) so it can't be the network.

6. newyorksole macrumors 68020

YES I HAVE RECEPTION ISSUES IN MY HOUSE

I got the iPhone 3G a week ago and everything was fine, always running 3G and always 3-5 bars.

All of a sudden I am getting 0-2 bars and No Service often. I don't know what the deal is. This only occurs in my room though, and I would like to have service in my room again...