if you know a blind person this is a great app for them.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by steve knight, Mar 19, 2011.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

This app lets my blind wife identify so many things. she just takes a picture of it and most of the time it gets identified. so far it has only not worked on a old eagles cd. So now she needs to get better at picture taking since she has not exactly had practice at it. but she is doing well.
    http://omoby.com/pages/index.php

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

For some reason I have so much respect for anyone that has a blind significant other. Or family member for that matter. I'm glad she's enjoying the app and keep taking care of her.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

I fail to see how this is any different than google goggles. I have to rely on certain apps to help the blind on a daily basis and I find voice brief to be the best for basic purposes such as emails and what not. Google goggles and this app seem to work well but you still need to see where the camera and use buttons are. Voice over works well for many features but for a phone, especially a touch screen one - there isn't anything better than whats already available. Just my 2 cents.

4. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

never heard of google goggle but I just downloaded it and it does not work with voiceover. Nothing speaks. the app I posted speaks well and my wife took pictures with it and got results. so Unless you have a way of making google goggle work with voiceover on a iphone I have no clue how she can use it.
    not sure of voice brief and if it is better then voiceover.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

I just tested them side by side. for a sited person google goggles is far faster only a few seconds verses 20 or 30 or more for a old item. google goggles would be great if it spoke far faster searching then trying to type it out.