If you like launchers and messing with your Android, check this out!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, May 19, 2013.

1. mclld macrumors 68000

2. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Some of them are dope! I'm too lazy to set everything up though. Lol.

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've rummaged through that site before and some of the setups are absolutely stunning. If you go into a lot of the screen shots, you can find out how they went about setting them up. The problem for me is that most of the time, they use UCCW, which is less than intuitive in how to use.

I need to do more reading on how to use it as it seems like a very powerful widget maker. I just wish it were easier to understand. :D

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Same sentiments here. There are some absolutely gorgeous setups, many by the same people, who often will provide the UCCW/wallpaper/launcher files for download and tutorials on how to set it up. Problems I've encountered trying to utilize them are generally two-fold. First, they're never exactly how I'd use them (apps I don't use while there are others I'd like to add) so it would be up to me to try to recreate certain widgets or functionality. Second, it seems a great majority of the designs are done using a Nexus 4 so the designs don't fit as well on my HTC One due to the real estate for the onscreen buttons that's accounted for in their layouts.

Regardless, it has inspired me enough to start playing with UCCW so that hopefully I'll have a better understanding of at least the basics.

6. kiltedthrower macrumors regular

Another cool one is an app called homepack buzz on the Playstore.

7. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Any such "themer blog" for tablets (Nexus 10 in particluar for high def)? Most of the set ups on the website are for phones :-(

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

9. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a