If you like these shows, sucks for you

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The following shows have been canceled:

My Own Worst Enemy
    Lipstick Jungle (just about)
    Pushing Daisies
    Dirty Sexy Money
    Eli Stone

More to come Im sure.

MOWE I thought was a decent show. I haven't really followed it much.
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/11/13/no-more-enemy-or-jungle-at-nbc/
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/booksmags/chi-tv-brief-1122nov22,0,2413562.story

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Noooooo

My Own Worst Enemy is a good show, one of the best new shows to come out in a while, the others I don't care about but why are the cancelling MOWE?

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Dirty Sexy Money was pure garbage anyway. However Pushing Daisies was cleverly hilerious and almost squeaky clean (rare these days). Plus the plots were very creative as were the sets. Too bad really. Oh well yet another reason not to watch tv.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'll miss Pushing Daisies, if only for their quirky scenery and designs. There simply isn't any other TV show like it.

So happy Eli Stone bit the dust. I've been hoping for it's demise since the first episode, due to the series' gross misrepresentation of scientific evidence. That show is costing lives; had ABC been responsible its pilot never would have aired.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Sad to see pushing daisy's go. It reminded me of a Dr. Seuss show for grown ups.

Own worst enemy was horrible IMHO. I was wondering how long it would last, if it would even last.

7. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I read about Pushing Daisies yesterday. What an absolutely horrible thing to do.

I love that show. Incredibly clever, and great acting.

Like QuarterSwede said... Another reason not to watch television.

8. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

I enjoyed the first season of Pushing Daisies, but I have not watched any of the second season. I think the novelty wears off, and it became too sickly sweet that I got sick of it, especially the saccharine acting, a bad imitation of Tim Burton music and overall art design whose colours where dialed to eleven.

Hate to see it go because it was unique, but it deserved to die.

9. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

10. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

I won't miss Pushing Daisies. It was fun at first but how far can you go with this?

Two other weird series, 'Life on Mars' and 'Dead Like Me' only ran two seasons and that was just about the perfect run for both.

11. bbbensen macrumors 6502

Pushing Daisies has the most witty dialogue on T.V., it is so much fun to watch.

Im quite depressed now.... :(

12. noaccess macrumors 6502

Pushing Daisies was axed? :eek:
    I love(d) that show...

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

If you mean "Life on Mars" the UK set drama series, that's because the BBC are now on the sequel "Ashes to Ashes"

A quick look on ABC's site though tells me they Americanised it, great...

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Other than Dirty Sexy Money, I didn't watch any of them. DSM is one of the few shows my gf and I agree on. Sure, it was trash but full of hotties and funny as hell.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The only US shows I watch are Lost, Heroes and South Park so I'm okay still :)

16. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Yea I've actually read good things about the remake, although I don't know if the people who wrote the reviews ever saw the BBC version, which I thought was fantastic. But I'd still like to see some of the American one at some point.

As for the shows being cancelled, that's really too bad about Pushing Daisies, I really liked that show. And I'm fairly surprised they're canceling My Own Worst Enemy... there were a lot of ads for that show and the network seemed pretty excited about it.

17. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

As long as Brothers and Sisters, Gossip Girl, Supernatural, House and Ugly Betty are safe - I'm happy.

I don't own a TV - I just iTunes the above shows.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I really liked Lipstick Jungle. It struggled in the first season I think though, but the cast is wonderful and it's awesome to see Brooke Shields again.

I've seen better shows cancelled though IE: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

19. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Good. I remember seeing the promo for this show twice every commercial break during the Olympics. I am so relieved knowing I will never have to see one of it's commercials ever again.

20. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I guess it's a good thing I don't like any of those shows! :D

21. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I've seen the American version. It doesn't even come close to the British version, for starters they've cut every episode down to 45 mins!

Whilst the storyline is pretty much the same, the characters and the actors who play them are terrible, it isn't nearly as artistic as the other one - just looks like British life on mars on a really really tight budget!

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're unhappy with the decisions, start a write-in campaign or a petition page or something... usually I'd say it's a waste of time, but it worked quite visibly last season (e.g. with Jericho, which somehow managed to save itself from the jaws of cancellation at least temporarily).

23. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Didn't My Own Worst Enemy just start?! I don't watch any shows on ABC or NBC, only CBS. As long as the three CSI's and Eleventh Hour aren't axed, I'll be alright.

24. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Now that, really sucks. :(

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Jericho is still on? My God that show is awful. I'm a little sad for Eli Stone because I love Johnny Lee Miller. Fantastic actor. But that guy has got to find some better material.