Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Hey guys if you live any where near College Park, MD there's absolutely NO line right now outside of the Best Buy near University of Maryland, so if you get here now you're guaranteed one.

oicaptain

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Washington DC
Yeah. Are you a student or a resident? I live on campus but spring break started yesterday. I'm in teneleytown number 7 in line. Haha apple store waiters must be stuck in line.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's really not that surprising because BB's allocation is always a guessing game and recent iPad launch history says you have one good shot so you have to pick one store. Going to Apple is a no brainer for the risk adverse, which most people are. Certainly those that risked going to BB this time got rewarded handsomely -- no waiting plus $10-15 in RZ bucks.

oicaptain

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Washington DC
BB was insanely empty and well stocked in both wifi and 4g models. I don't see why people don't go to authorized sellers more often than dreading a 100+ people line at the Apple store. I'm not complaining, hey I got an iPad around 5 minutes after BB opened. I arrived around 8:30 too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.