If you live in NYC you will never hear your iPhone ring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneyJunkie, Oct 22, 2010.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

I don't quite work a office so job the noise of trains, sirens, people, ect completely drown out the iPhone I miss calls constantly, my girlfriend said iPhones vibration is the weakest she's felt since 13, is there a way to max out the audios volume before I make it a ringtone?

2. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

Let the jokes begin...

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

dosent mater once you do the call gets dropped 50% of the time anyway:(

4. The LPT macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hahaha!

But on a serious note, you can use a sound editor like audacity to increase the base volume of a ringtone

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

in iTunes, highlight all the ringtones in your 'Ringtones' folder, then got to FILE and scroll down to 'Get Info' (or Windows- Right Click, Mac- Control + Click) and select the Options tab, and increase the Volume from None to +100%.

[​IMG]

6. calvy macrumors 65816

Why would mine be greyed out? This is on a ringtone pack I downloaded from the forums here, nothing that should be protected via iTunes store encryption.

Attached Files:

7. ryhno45 macrumors regular

Thank you for your post. You just made my day a lot more manageable.:D

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Sorry, I should have specified, you only get that option when you select all the ringtones at once. You will not get the option to increase the volume if you select the track individually.

9. r2fa3l macrumors regular

oh really? :cool:

10. strodda macrumors regular

11. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

12. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Maybe, but that's probably the closest most of these guys have been to a girl in quite some time.

13. WildGuess macrumors regular

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't know how old your girl is now, but I believe she probably uses a 'rabbit' by now :rolleyes:

to answer your question for the sound, many other phones sound less loud and like savings107 showed you to increase the volume even more... You can also increase the loudness in the original song before making the ringtone and then increasing again the volume in the ringtone for an even loader sound which will probably sound a bit blown off at the end, but hey it's loud. Another thing, if you want it sound louder you should put it upside down in your pants so that the speaker is at the top...

15. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Ring Tones / Open Folder/ Go To Edit in Top Left in iTunes/ Choose/ Select All/
    Go to High Lighted Songs/Right Click/ Get Info/ ......Now you can See its not Greyed out., Hope that Helps un confuse the situation for You;)

16. tigress666 macrumors 68040

That is incredibly helpful information. It's too bad it's only one ringtone I have an issue hearing but hey, louder ringtones when you have bad enough hearing damage that you tend to notice your phone ringing more cause your purse is vibrating isn't a bad thing.

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My only other suggestion would be to just make a second ringtone just so that you can have ability to highlight more than one track. Their are several ways to make a ringtone:

-From your phone, their is an app called "Ringtone Maker Pro" that I like to use once in a wile, it cost $.99, but they do offer a free version with limited capabilities (but its super easy and quick).
    -For Mac or PC, their is a method to making ringtones using just iTunes and renaming an audio track from .mp4 to .mpr (its does require several steps, but it can be achieved).
    -From a Mac you have Garageband, its a little more technical, but I like using it.

18. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Heh, I know how to make ringtones on my Mac ;) (That's how I got all mine).

I think I tried using Garageband but couldn't figure it out for making ringtones (before reading about the itunes method). And then figured out I didn't have the right version (that was on my 2007 Macbook. Have no idea if they have the updated enough version on my 2010 MBP).