Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davycrocket825

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
East Sussex
Can anyone tell me if I transfer my iPhone photos from my iPhone 6s to I cloud on my MacBook Air can I safely delete the photo’s from my iPhone and will they be saved on my MacBook Air ?

Davycrocket825

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
East Sussex
Yes, but validate your photos are in iCloud before you delete.

Why not just move them to iCloud on your phone though?
[doublepost=1552394176][/doublepost]What do you mean by validate them? I moved them from my iPhone to iCloud on my mac to make more room on my iPhone

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
[doublepost=1552394176][/doublepost]What do you mean by validate them? I moved them from my iPhone to iCloud on my mac to make more room on my iPhone
If you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, your pics will be uploaded and it will free up space on your phone. You won’t have to delete anything and you will still have access to all your photos in full resolution on your phone as long as you have an Internet connection. If you don’t have an internet connection you will see a compressed version of your photos

Reactions: akash.nu and chabig

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
If you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, your pics will be uploaded and it will free up space on your phone. You won’t have to delete anything and you will still have access to all your photos in full resolution on your phone as long as you have an Internet connection. If you don’t have an internet connection you will see a compressed version of your photos

Yes. Just do this with optimise storage turned on.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Better-safe-than-sorry man here! Before deleting anything do the following:
- If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, go to Settings > Photos and enable "Keep originals". Now leave device charging overnight with good Wi-Fi.
- Export all photos to your Mac local storage or to external drive with Image Capture (native macOS app).
- Make sure that all photos are safe.
- Enable iCloud sync and delete everything you wanted to delete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.