Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
And you can still sell the software assuming you remove it off your machine first.

Eanair

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
Yep. :)

I got my new iMac with iLife 09, and I have an iLife 09 disk I can use to put the software back on it should I ever need to start from scratch again.

txnoob

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
I opened up my mini last night and it came with a little carton called "Mac Stuff". Your reinstall DVDs and such are included. Yes it includes Leopard.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007

I got my new iMac with iLife 09, and I have an iLife 09 disk I can use to put the software back on it should I ever need to start from scratch again.

This is another reason to switch to a Mac..... Trying to reinstall Windows is a horror show..... Apple makes it so easy.... ;)

txnoob

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
This is another reason to switch to a Mac..... Trying to reinstall Windows is a horror show..... Apple makes it so easy.... ;)

I don't know about a horrow show. I've done it so many times it's second nature. But I've never found it to be anything but straight forward. Granted I've had it fail a few times. I've only reinstalled OS X on 2 Macs and didn't think one was more dificult than the other.

Old Mac Geezer

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
I don't know if you would get a retail disc, but I would be plenty mad if I bought a new Mac and didn't get at least a restore disc with it. :mad:

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania

Hmmmm, I got an iMac last weekend and it only has 2 disks, the OS and an application disk, no separate iLife disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.