If you ordered from your carrier, stop worrying.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notjustgc, Oct 11, 2011.

1. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

It's a bit ridiculous what's going on in the sticky threads right now. NO ONE has received tracking numbers from carrier preorders. Why? They most likely didn't even receive their first shipments of iPhone 4S models until the day preorders took place -- odds are, they might not even have received your iPhone into their warehouse until this morning.

Apple ships most preorders from China using international shipping -- more expensive, and slower, so they ship earlier. Carriers ship from distribution centers throughout the USA -- later than Apple, using faster and cheaper domestic shipping, after all the sorting has been done on their side.

So please, stop panicking. This happens EVERY YEAR, exactly the same way. Search for some old threads, and for goodness sake, don't do anything crazy like trying to cancel your preorder so you can go wait in line at an Apple store only to find out that your upgrade eligibility didn't reset properly. :eek:

2. iRebound macrumors regular

I ordered the iPhone 4 from ATT during launch last year and I remembered mine shipped from their warehouse in Texas

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There is nothing any one can do to stop the panic and paranoia. It happens every release, I suspect the same people do it each time! LOL!

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I got a tracking number from sprint so I'm not worried. Last year I was TDY so I had to do the stand in line thing even with it reserved at the store took me 6 hours this year I'll be sitting at home waiting for the delivery truck :D

5. steve dave macrumors 6502a

engrish. does yous speechify it's?