If you ordered @ the U.S. Edu Store Monday after keynote...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

When I placed my order on Monday after the store re-opened the system would not deduct the $100 from my Mac after adding the "Back To School" iTunes card. I chatted online w/ an Apple Rep before hitting the send order button and was told it's a system wide issue and that the card would be manually added later.

My MBP has since shipped but no card has been added yet. Has anyone else who had this issue had their card added or is Apple just slow on this (I imagine they had a ton of orders and this has to be a PITA to manual enter). I don't want to bother Apple just yet, as I'm not concerned, but still curious.

2. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

I believe they're having issues with the card in general. I ordered a couple of hours after the keynote with the gift card. Yesterday it was slated to be shipped to me today or tomorrow but I got an email saying they changed it to June 18-19. So it seems like there is a delay in the cards.

3. Hidendra macrumors member

i ordered from canada edu store (our store didn't come up until 2-3 hours after everyone else) right after it came up, my gift card came up properly as -$100 properly and allowed me to order.

it was shipped yesterday, slated to be here monday. shipped from spartanburg, south carolina. RMBP not shipped yet though, QQ

4. RSully macrumors member

I called them this morning and they're going to email me the card code in 2 - 3 weeks. Better than never.

5. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

That's what they told me too, though the guy said most likely it would be within 10 days. As long as I get it, thats all I care about.

6. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Makes sense. Easier than readjusting everyone's order. They probably just want to wait until the return period lapses.

7. ffdesigns macrumors newbie

Exact same thing happened with me, the person on chat on checkout told me to remove it from cart and she would fix it. I called Apple last night to check on it. They said it was incorrect info, we should have left it in the cart and they would have removed the charge. He said he would send a request to have a gift card code emailed to me. I would call customer service and be sure yours really is on the way.

8. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Thanks for the heads up.

9. bioyuki macrumors member

I just called Apple to get the gift card added and she said she couldn't do it. Instead she just to $100 off my order which is awesome!

So I got the Edu discount + $100 off my order.

10. mended macrumors newbie

I wasn't sure what was happening with the gift card with me too. I received an email today regarding my gift card being delayed. I called apple today and the customer representative apologized for charging my card for the gift card and fixed the charges for my order. She even through in a Speck 15" Satin Case for MacBook Pro free of charge for the mix up. I was surprised and happy to hear that apple compensates its customers generously for errors on their part with orders.

11. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Apple just charged me $100 for the card itself. I had to call and have it deducted. And it's already shipped to me while the MBP hasn't yet.

I think they're just having issues with the promotion in general.

12. asdad123 macrumors regular

I just called Apple since I got charged $100 for my card as well and they said they charge $100 for the card and I will be charged $100 less on the Macbook Pro when it ships out.

Now Im confused.

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

That makes sense, since otherwise you could, in theory, cancel the laptop after the "free" card ships. Lots of promotions work this way. I'm pretty sure they'll charge you the rest of the "total" when the laptop ships, i.e. the laptop minus $100. The total you saw at checkout is what you'll pay in the end.