If you own a LinkSys WRT54G - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by djearlybird, Aug 15, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

Wasn't sure where to post this one, seeing its not a mac piece of hardware. I have this router at home, works great. I just moved into a new townhouse, and don't really wanna have my neighbors browsing around my network. How can I password protect my router, so it asks you to log in each time you try and use my network? I assume is under the net page http://192.168.1.1/ but I am having difficulty finding it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :D

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

go to he router setup, click on "Administration", this will allow you to enter a Router Password

3. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, the password is changed already. All that does is change it from the default admin/password..... how can I now make the user enter the new login/password for the connection?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I'm confused, are you talking about wanting the user to enter a password to get to the router settings, or are you talking about wanting a user to enter a password before they can connect to the internet using the router.

If it's the first, then that is what I described before, if it's the second, you need to enable wireless encryption, got to Wireless->Wireless Security

You probably want to use WPA Personal for the security mode

5. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you sooooooooo much. Sorry if I confused you on the wording. You made my night :D:D:D