If you owned/used both the Air & MacBook Pro, which . . .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Luba, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

did you find held up better to daily wear and tear? Obviously, the MBP is sturdier and less delicate than the MBA, but perhaps the lightness of the MBA helped it avoid banging into things that in the end it held up better than the MBP? What's your experience?

Did you find yourself less likely to drop the MBA, and if you did drop it, did it sustain less damage because it's light and thus hit the floor with less force?? Or is there more damage with the MBA when dropped, but also less likely to be dropped because it's light?

Thanks for any insight!

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I think this is the first time I see this question being asked. Have you also considered looking at this from the perspective of what you want to do with your laptop (which would help you understand how powerful it needs to be) and how much traveling you do (which would put constraints around its size and weight)? I've been looking at a 13" MBP and an MBA, but as it stands right now, you can configure MBP to be significantly more powerful/flexible as compared to an MBA. Though honestly, the aspect of "what would happened to it if I dropped it" didn't really cross my mind.

Good luck!

3. PAC88 macrumors 6502

just my opinion but I believe the white macbook is the most durable

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I find that my 15" MBP and my MBA receive about the same level of wear and tear... because I do not abuse either one of them.

My MBA gets about 10X the use of the MBP because it is more comfortable to use.

/Ji

5. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

I have a desktop Mac so anything intensive I would use that. I am looking for a laptop to surf, watch movies/podcasts, and do iWork. At first I thought of just getting the iPad but doubt if the virtual keyboard would work out for me. It could, so that's still an option, will have to try it out when it's available. A light laptop (MBA) with a real keyboard sounds ideal, but a bit pricey. I think the MBA is right now is powerful enough for me, but will naturally wait until it gets updated. An anti-glare option would be great. The 13" MBP would do more than I need and also let me watch DVDs with its SuperDrive, but that's not that important to me. Then, I thought about how each would hold to daily use, which is what inspired this question. :)