If you pre-ordered, did you get an email for 23rd delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Did you get an email for 23rd delivery?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

just want to see what the numbers are here.

check out this thread to catch up: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=945033

This email was sent on June 21 around 10-11PM

2. monksealpup macrumors regular

You should really clarify which email you're talking about. I'm sure lots of people will think you're talking about the initial shipping email/delivery estimate, not the one that was mass mailed earlier tonight/this morning.

Edit: I'm well aware that you linked to a thread that should solve the above ambiguity, but you know dumb people...

3. Built macrumors 68020

Got the email at 10:58 PM PDT.

Fedex flight with my i4 landed in OAK at 10:09 PM EDT. I'm in So Cal.

4. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

That is a good question. Many people have speculated that Apple may have decided to deliver the iphones a day early to avoid activation nightmares that have occurred on past launches. But that would only work if they shipped say half the iphones pre ordered on the 23rd and the other half on the 24th. Otherwise, if everybody that pre ordered before the cutoff, gets their a day earlier, would't it negate the whole reason to deliver some of the phones a day earlier.

I mean I know that they would avoid delivery on the same day as those picking up in store, but how many people pre ordered. I would guess at least half of the 600,000 plus are pre orders, so that would be 300,000 plus or so still being delivered on the same day. That to me would still cause major activation problems, if everyone is getting their iphone a day early.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I don't think this has anything to do w/ activation nightmares, but rather preventing a delivery debacle on top of the ordering fiasco.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

so it sounds like Xmas might come a day early for some of us after all. I'd be extatic if my phone shows up tomorrow- Thursday is going to be very busy for me and I won't be home all day.

I got the same email last night saying my phone will be early, and Fed Ex is now saying it's in Alaska and will be here on 6/23 at by 10:30am.

I still won't be shocked if I get it on launch day but this all seems to add up to a good chance some of us will get it early.

7. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

That was my other concern.

8. Built macrumors 68020

This has nothing to do with a possible "delivery debacle."

The Fedex launch day deliveries, even if all made on 6/24, would be a drop in the bucket compared to deliveries in the days immediately preceding Christmas.

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

My package is in Newark, NJ right now. Tracking is still showing: Estimated delivery Jun 24, 2010 by 4:30 PM. Others have reported that their tracking has changed to Estimated delivery Jun 23, 2010. I am taking a half day off from work tomorrow (going to tailgate and Philles game). I hope the Fedex guy delivers the package by 12:30pm. Once I see that my tracking has changed, maybe I'll call the fedex hub and make sure they delivery it by noon. I will be at work (business), so that may not be a problem anyway.