Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bheleu, Mar 14, 2012.
Are you going to give it to a spouse/loved one, or try to make a profit and resell it on CL or eBay?
Sell it. Gave wife iPad 2
My plans are still in flux...
I am in a cast this year, so I cannot do the lineups etc. I got two of the 64GB AT&T white ones on preorder. My one presale just ended, kind of happy it did not sell. I think I will upgrade my wife's instead of relisting it, after all she and her mom have been driving me to the orthopedist and work. I would hate to have to do the CL public meets or wait in line at the post office. Not to mention all the rest she has been letting me get and the meals she's made for me. I am lucky, and even though she does not really know what the differences are between them, I think she deserves the upgrade for putting up with me and taking care of our three girls, even if they were to jump up in price after launch.
I ordered an extra for my sister. I wish I ordered more to sell now that it's 2-3 week wait.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)
Which option is preferred, eBay or CL?
Sounds like she's a lucky woman
yep I'm selling my extra 16GB white wifi for 650- gave the GF the iPad 2
CL. with ebay you have to worry about eBay fees, paypal fees, shipping fees. the list can go on and on and on.
I bought 2 64GB 4Gs. Going to wait a week or so for the inevitable shortage frenzy and sell the extra for around $1,400 or so. They are already selling for as much as $1,300 on eBay and the thing hasn't even been released yet!
Now that the reviews are out and especially once this weekend is over, this is going to be one of the hottest selling and must have tech items ever. They will be incredibly hard to find.
I got 4 coming in.. One for me, 3 for friends who flaked out!!.. So, will wait a week - 10 days, and if they still don't want it, I'll hand'em over to my brother to CL it. I don't have time for this, so as long as he gives me the principal, the profit is his to keep!
Do you have any links for that? I've gone through eBay, but a lot of them are not really successful.
You can buy a 16GB Wifi model for $620
64GB LTE AT&T for $1085
Most auctions for the 16GB Wifi model are not going that high at all...
How did you manage to get 4 when 2 is the limit?
I bought a 32GB LTE and a 64GB LTE. I changed my mind on the 32 and want to move it up to a 64GB LTE, and I placed an order, but they cancelled it and said I already bought 2. ;(
Both have their pros/cons.
P: Secure payment, paper trail, better chance for higher sell price due to greater exposure (though, since everyone is doing it, it's tougher)
C: eBay and PayPal fees, paper trail, if something goes awry eBay usually favors the buyer (always use tracking info and signature delivery for high price stuff like this).
P: Pay with cash, no fees, usually immediate, safe if you meet in a public place (starbucks, mcdonalds, apple store (lol))
C: Low ballers, no shows, chances to get mugged, deal with spammers and idiots.
Separate CCs, with separate billing/shipping addys.
Just remember you have 14 days from receipt to return them to an Applestore for a full refund. You do not have to depend upon your BIL if all you want is your principle.
You can exchange at Applestore within first 14 days as well.
You can do presale on eBay?
Ordered six for work colleagues. I prefer my sales people to look bleeding edge and can't wait to show them off to clients running our HD renders.
Yes, most of the 64GB AT&T were selling for <$1075 shipped less than my $1250 starter. Fees on eBay cap out at $50, then add in those for Paypal, shipping costs and insurance, then paying for your time, needs to be in high demand to make it worth it. And winners who do not pay have to wait 7 days before eBay will reimburse you.
You may just want to return it or wait till launch day to least it on ebay. I just looked on ebay, and most of them are selling close to what it would cost to get it in the store.
Thats where Buy It Now is helpful; you can force immediate payment else it doesn't sell. Downside is people don't get invested like they do when they start bidding on an auction when it's $300 and then make irrational choices in late stage bidding.
I'm unsure what to do. I ordered a 64GB 4G AT&T model as soon as the store went up last week, but decided that a Verizon model would be a better choice. I ordered that the next day.
So, obviously, I have two coming to my house tomorrow and I intend to keep the Verizon model. I was originally going to just return the AT&T version, but if someone is willing to pay a little more for it, I'd sell it to them. I paid around ~$900 with tax for the iPad, so $1k'ish or so.
I also don't really want to hassle with it, so just may return for a full refund at a local Apple store.
Which models? I could take one off of your hands.
Selling my extra one to a friend for actual cost...because that's how I roll and I believe in karma...