Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdHayward18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Burnham, Buckinghamshire
If you reset your Macbook Pro can you reload your backed up programs and files?

I back up all of my files and programs frequently (Office, Logic, CS6) can i reload them to my macbook if I were to reset it to factory settings?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
In what form are the backups? Time Capsule? If so, then ys you can re-install OSX and then restore your files. If you have a CArbon Cloner copy or similar, the process is even easier...simply restore the image from your backup.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I have time capsule back ups, how do you restore the files?

You could use your time capsule's instruction booklet which explains it all. It's quite straightforward.

I highly recommend you plug in with an ethernet cable should you choose to do it, or else you're in for a looooonnnngggg restore.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Ok I shall do, but I can definitely reinstall program's like office and cs6?
Why not? The registration data is restored together with your user profile.
A word of caution: some packages that get installed via OS X Installer app actually also install system drivers (iLife & FCP are good examples). So unless you've made complete system backup on TC (including all system files), you will not be able to restore such apps by just restoring them back to the Application folder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.