If you return your phone are you given instant credit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jul 17, 2010.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

If someone returns the iPhone to the Apple store, are they given credit on their credit card instantly or do you have to wait for 2 weeks or something?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My wife dropped her iPhone in the toilet; went and purchased a 3GS and 10 days later her iPhone 4 came in and we received immediate credit for the 3GS since it was less than 30 days that we had it, so after 15 minutes we walked out of the store for an additional $219 and a 32GB iPhone 4...:cool:

3. 101AirAssault macrumors member

What you said makes no sense.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if it was purchased with cash or a gift card (which I'm not sure if Apple allows for the iPhone), then yes it will be immediate.

if it was purchased on a debit/credit card, then it will take up to 24-48hrs before you see the credit back on your card, sometimes it can to up to 72hrs depending on the retail company.

5. chembox macrumors 6502a

My brain pretty much exploded.

6. gostan macrumors regular

If you purchased it online - you cannot return it at your local apple retail store.

7. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you sure that you cannot return the phone at the Apple store if I ordered it online? I thought that was possible.

8. pollster25 macrumors newbie

No!

But it on line and store tells you to no - send it back to apple!

9. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Why don't you call Apple and get the answer straight from the horses mouth so to speak?

Not to sound nitpicking but they will most definitely have the correct answer.

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I am assuming that this question is being asked because it is either a debit card or you do not the available credit card to use. Just like a purchase returns, or credits, are processed the same way. They will get a authorization for the refund, and process nightly back. If it is a credit card it is up to their policy when they return the funds to the available credit. Larger banks usually 1-2 days, however I have seen credit unions take up to a week.

Debit cards are totally different issue and can really vary. I would check with you bank.

11. gostan macrumors regular

I called apple and they indicated that you can return an online purchased iPhone at a retail store. But the online folks are incorrect. The issue is the ATT contract. the Apple manager @ the Natick Collection really stepped up big time. I had her telephone Apple directly and we received a return authorization and a fed ex return label. then down to the ATT store about 8 stores down to deactivate my IPhone 4 and reactivate an old 3G. It will now take a week or so fornthe return to Apple, a credit to my CC and a rollback modification on my ATT contract.