Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaromski

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2004
zion
I can't really say I fully "switched" because I still use a PC workstation for CAD work.

However, for fun stuff, I bought a PB 12" and 20 GB iPod.

If I could, I would switch all my systems to Mac.

JaromSki

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
While I still use my PC (for folding and IMing) I made the switch last December. While some my find it hard to beleive that I still use my decrepet PC while I have a beautiful iBook G4, I think that continuing to use both just makes me appreciate the Mac more....

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2004
I got my first Mac, a 15" Powerbook, in June. I'll have to say, OSX isn't mind blowingly better than Windows, but I definitely do like it more.

I think I'll really start loving my Powerbook even more when I go back to college later this month. I have yet to use my Powerbook outside of my house.

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
I switched in March when I bought my iPod, it made me want to get an iBook straight away. While my iBook was on backorder I changed my mind and got a 12" rev B powerbook instead, which arrived the next day. Happy switcher. :) I had been saving all summer. I knew rev C powerbooks were just around the corner, but I couldn't wait any longer so I don't regret my decision at all.

wannamac

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2004
State College, PA
Just switched this month. Bought a used ibook, and can not stop using it!! I love just looking at it, all by it's lonesome on my great big desk (I moved the printer to the floor for the time being), to give her a chance to settle in. Can not believe I waited so long, am already checking out the PB though . . .

maddav

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2004
Manchester, UK
I switched on the 28th April, when i ordered my iBook, i love it so much, i got a job, and am now saving up for a G5 w/one of those slick monitors :D

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
Switched April 2004 - first PC was a 286 with 1MB of Ram and 20MB of storage. Word Perfect didn;t even have WYSIWYG and I was fairly good at DOS and F-codes.
Made the switch when my Dell laptop started having more trouble than would have been practical to repair. Price comparisons showed the Mac would not be more than few dollars higher, so I took the leap and with the exception of one software program I can't find in a comparable MAC version, I am very pleased.

BTW - the program I still use on PC is eCampaign - a full-featured bulk email program that cost less than $75 and is very user friendly.

konaforever

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2004
Switcher here. Bought a 12 inch pb last June; right after the revision! Haven't looked back since.:)

I simply LOVE my powerbook!

zachhale

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2004
Everett, WA
I just made the switch: an iBook

I just recently (August 2nd) purchased my first mac (excluding my iPod). I've been a PC user for a long time and after readin about many people switching and reading their reasons about how it was better for them in so many ways, I decided to assess my personal situation for college in the fall and decided to go for the 12" iBook. Since I was on a strict budget, I purchased a 12" iBook G3 900mhz with a 40gb hard drive, 384mb ram, and a dvd/cdrw drive.

It's a sweet machine and I'm very glad I finally made the switch (or so far). I still have to lug my windows machine for the file storage, but hopefully I'll transfer to an external firewire drive to use with my iBook. :D

It's so exciting!

kos

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2004
I bought the latest 12in with 512mb chip addon with G4 ipod (scratched on the first day since they didnt have any rubber cases lol) I finding the powerbook very user friendly but xp on virtual pc run's like a heap of crap compared to a normal pc even with the 512mb chip add on. Otherwise Mac OS X is good stuff!

iSaint

macrumors 603
iSaint said:
in the process of switching, see signature...

I'll speak for a friend who I don't think posts here...ordered his 15" PB and iPod and will arrive next week. He, too, is a switcher.

...my friend just found out his sister-in-law ordered a 15" PB the same day he did. Neither knew the other was ordering. Add another switcher to the ranks.

p.s. how long will I be a newbie???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.