If you think the leaked iPhone 4 doesn't fit Apple's design standards...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Apr 19, 2010.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

it also matches the hard lines one the edges of my unibody macbook pro and the black back matches the black bezel mine has. I think it's totally :apple:

3. [DL] macrumors 6502

[DL]

THANK YOU. :)

4. peperoni macrumors member

Or just compare it with iPad:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The front and the sides are pretty similar. Only the flat back and few keys are different.

5. -Leigh- macrumors member

Hopefully it is the final design, as then it means I won't have to upgrade from the 3GS, as the new design looks like a cheap old SE phone to me.

Means I can spend my money on something else!! :D

6. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Yeah, I always buy my phones based solely on their looks. ;)

7. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Yep, I think it's definitely in line with these other products, including the iMac.

8. jayenh macrumors 6502

same here. if it looks like it can be easily confused with an inferior brand, even if it's a better phone, i simply wont buy it. personally i wanted something even more unique so everyone can see that my phone isn't just any phone, its an iphone. this is what is most important to me because inanimate objects make me feel better about myself. i want to be able to look down on other people with "lesser phones" without them looking back at me and thinking "well he's only got an [insert anything other than apple here] phone". they should be able to see it is an iphone and instantly feel inferior and poor compared to me and my iphone ;)

[edit] /sarcasm for those who actually think I'm being serious. I thought it was pretty obvious but apparently some people couldn't get the clues from the quoted text with smilie, plus the smilie at the end, even just from what I wrote and how I wrote it... :rolleyes: we were taking the p*** out of Leigh...

9. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

If I bought my phones based on looks, I never would have upgraded to the iPhone 3G from the much better looking iPhone 2G.

I think the new iPhone is a much nicer design, now it's lost the 3G/3GS's saggy bottom.

10. speed12 macrumors regular

Good call on the iPad similarity, hadn't noticed that one. From that view they look almost identical (don't start the iPad is a big iPhone thing again....). From the top it also looks just like the screen of a MacBook Pro with the black bezel and being able to see the thin strip of aluminium that makes the sides (iPhone)/ screen back (MacBook).

I reckon the design is absolutely spot-on and will be pleased if this is the final design (although as stated above, looks aren't really the number one factor for me...nice to still look good though!).

11. -Leigh- macrumors member

Surely most of you are going for the EVO4 now anyway, due to the crappy little screen on the new iPhone?? That's what you were all saying anyway. ;)

12. jayenh macrumors 6502

i think most peoples stance, certainly mine in the "will you get a new iphone when it comes out in summer" thread, is to wait and see what apple announce in june. the evo is very tempting, but when we're only 2 months away from an announcement it seems silly not to wait those 2 months and make a comparison.

forgive me, i just wanted to join in with the sarcasm, it looked so fun.

13. Psyclone macrumors newbie

design

I'm just planning to use a case anyway. Count me in for the new phone.

14. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Every other person says "this looks nothing like what apple would ever use" yet bam! just like I told a bunch of people. LOOK at the Ipad.....

15. -Leigh- macrumors member

I'm sorry, but I think the iTampon is far similar to the current iPhone in design than that Sony Ericsson Gizmodo had.

16. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

WOW.

If you were going to upgrade just for how the phone "looks", then, I don't even know what to say to that. Something that would probably get me banned.

Honestly, I like the design.

But even if I didn't...

Flash for the Camera.
    Better Camera
    Front Camera
    Better Battery
    Better Processor (Speculation)
    Better RAM (Speculation)
    More Storage (Speculation)

Honestly, I would upgrade for that even if the design was not my favorite.

It actually has the potential to blow away the 3G to 3GS upgrade from a hardware perspective.

All the 3GS gave you was a compass and some RAM and Processor.

17. Dead Panda macrumors member

The iPhone 3GS looks like a silly toy next to the new iPhone. The new iPhone has class and it looks rugged and ready for business.

iPhone 3G/3GS look like toys in comparison.

I hope they do keep this new design. Also, the volume buttons could be dual purpose like one could be a camera shutter button when the camera app is open. That would make sense why they're separate buttons. Plus, as the software gets more advanced, they may want those extra buttons at some point.

18. -Leigh- macrumors member

Wind 'em up and watch 'em go!! ;)

19. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

evo 4g vs iphone 4g

Well .. they will be released in summer .. people will have chance to try and make decision .. i like the features on evo 4g .. really tempting to me. Iphone 4g is really a surprise to go smaller but the design is okay, and I will have to see how resistant is the glass on the back.

20. jtara macrumors 65816

Unlikely. A whole bunch of recent iPad buyers would be... unhappy.

(iPad has the same amount of RAM as the 3GS: 256M.)

21. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

LOL.

22. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I don't dislike the design. I'm a bit surprised by the squarish look. But I can see it being possible for them to round off the edges of the glass top and bottom for "final product" while this is just squared as a prototype.

Regardless - I know it will be elegant even if it takes some getting used to. And coming from a 3G, I'll definitely be upgrading for all the additional functionality.

23. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I say fair is fair.

If the iPhone 4G can have a case that makes it look like a 3GS...

Then someone should sell a 3GS case that makes it look like an iPhone 4G.

:p

24. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Same here. I have a 3G and my contract is up in May, so you know I'll be drinking Apple's Koolaid. Plus I kinda like the new design, though I wouldn't be shocked if the design changes somewhat from the prototype (though it does look like a finished product).

25. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

LOL at people complaining about the design. Within a month or two everyone will get used to it, then next time Apple revise the design it'll be the same story.