If you think your battery is not performing as it should, it's probably not!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Aug 9, 2010.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Did not like my battery performance since day one of owning my iPhone4. I restored from backup when I first go my phone so Apple requested I set it up as a new phone so I did and that was a hassle but I wanted to comply.

That did not do any good. I still had a dead phone at the end of the day and I do not use it as an iPod, watch videos or play games. I use the web, email and occasional apps.

Anyways, finally had it swapped out and the battery life is twice what I was getting. At the end of the day my battery percentage is at 50% or better instead of dead!

Usage = 3 hours 6 min
    Standby = 10 hours

Battery = 52%

Same states before and phone was at 2%

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Your usage stats now are on track from what I am seeing. I too was quite impressed by the battery life. Especially after coming from a 3G that evidently had some issues with processes hanging.

And this was with a fair amount of game playing.

[​IMG]

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

My phone was on the fritz for a day when the battery dropped from 95% to 8% with me barely using it and now it seems to be fine again.

Although the day when my phone lost all that battery and I charged it up again, the phone got super hot. Today when I charged it (shortly after I took the attached screenshot) the phone was not at all hot. My question is, is it normal for the phone to get really hot when it charges?

Attached Files:

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

that's good you got one that has adequate battery life.

Mine's been great. I listened to music on my way to work, and while I sat at my desk. Read a ton of emails and opened a few webpages/online videos. Then at the gym I listened to more music and watched 35 minutes of Saving Private Ryan while I ran on a treadmill. My battery just now broke 50%. Pretty awesome considering just a few years ago my iPod 4G would be dead from this kind of usage.

Edit: And I used it to make a few calls/send some texts. Haha.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

This is mine. still Jailbroken. I just have 3G Unrestrictor and a few other things. Had to remove Rock and MyWi to get over 20 hours usage.

Attached Files:

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

4 hours 32m of usage
    18 hours, 17m standby

Battery -> 28%. Good?