If you turn off passcode lock on the watch apple pay cards that enter be removed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bige12, May 19, 2015.

1. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

If you use Apple pay on the watch one thing that I noticed is that if you turn off the passcode lock on the watch all of apple pay cards will be removed

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, this is true on iPhone too. It's done for security reasons.

3. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

Yep. Thats done for security purposes. Otherwise, someone borrows your watch and goes on a shopping spree.

4. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

Yes, and the watch reminds you before turning off passcode.

Attached Files:

5. Sheon macrumors newbie

Is this true tho cause correct me if I am wrong but apple pay on the watch will not work without a iPhone connected to it?

And to connect the apple watch to a new iPhone it would have to be reset?

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's not related, but Apple Pay requires a passcode/TouchID so disabling the latter will remove all of Apple Pay cards for security purposes.

7. newtestleper macrumors 6502

I actually didn't get that. I'd turned off passcode in order to let a friend try on the watch and use its features. A short while later, I* got an email saying my Apple Pay credit card had been removed from Apple Watch. I thought it was for fraud-prevention reasons, so I haven't added it back yet.

*I didn't personally, but I'm demonstrating that, even if it is your significant other's device, you don't have to specify it.

8. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

Did you do that in the iPhone watch app? It shows the same reminder but in a smaller font.

Whenever my friends want to try on my watch, I would just unlock the watch with my phone.

9. newtestleper macrumors 6502