If your iphone 5 screen looks a little yellow try this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

I have a suggestion regarding this. I also noticed a slight yellow tint to my iphone 5 screen in relation to the colour tint of my iphone 4 screen, which was distinctly bluer. After playing around with brightness/auto brightness for a while, I think I may have found a possible solution.

Try setting the brightness to about half way and then activate auto brightness, in a moderately lit room. Then, hold your phone near a very bright light until the auto brightness goes right up to the top. Bring the phone back into a normally lit room, and let the auto brightness come back down again. Now, this may well be entirely phychological, but I tried this and afterwards perceived the screen to be closer to white than it was previously. I wondered if doing this auto brightness process somehow resets the screens colour hue/white balance?

Admittedly, this may be nonsense, but I'm putting the idea out there in case it has some merit. Of course, I may simply have become accustomed to the slightly yellow tint after using the phone for a few hours today. Still, it's worthy of consideration!

Found this here
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4324668?start=0&tstart=0

Doesn't hurt to try

2. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I think this worked for me
    The screen looks better , less yellow tint

Like the guy said maybe is psychological, who knows
    But it does look better now in my eyes

3. Jasonh85 macrumors newbie

Nah, doesn't work for me, what size iphone do u have?

wondering if its specific to 32GB if they were made in a separate factory to the 16GB which I see don't have the issue