If you're unhappy with your shipping time, try calling Apple

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jsmith189, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

A friend of mind ordered his last night and was disappointed because he had a delivery date of some time in May. He called this morning and spoke to someone at Support, and they changed his shipping date to the regular 4/24 - 5/8 date. His delivery status/time has now changed in his account too.

He got the 42mm SS with black sport band.

2. Aces2412 macrumors regular

3. SMIDG3T, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Or someone cancelled their order and he got moved up the list?

4. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

If probably have no luck doing this with the space black ss, even though I ordered at exactly 12:01 PDT

7. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just chatted with someone and they couldn't push my order :(

8. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

9. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

OP no way that happened you just made that up to make people angry, i got a mid may delivery date too on my apple watch no big deal

10. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I tried calling too for fun. They wouldn't change it and tried to reassure me that it may come before my May 13th date. It was worth a try.

The lady was saying how they didn't anticipate such a rush of orders… lol
    I said, "Yeah, that's very unusual for Apple to have so many people wanting a new product on launch day." /sarcasm

11. ricktat macrumors 6502a

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

my friends, brother's girlfriend's mother confirmed this.

13. truesepho macrumors regular

I called them and now on the website it says estimated delivery day tomorrow afternoon :rolleyes:

14. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Mine is already out for delivery. Glad I called!

15. blackbear219 macrumors regular

BEFORE May 13th, huh? Interesting. I am optimistic that mine will come before the 5/13 date that's on my order. This makes me feel better about it!

16. ricktat macrumors 6502a

I called again and they said they could bump me up to the Edition model from the sport for free... The catch was that it was that ugly Rose color and with a August ship date. I said no thanks!:(

17. jsmith189 thread starter macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Why would I do that? I'm not a child lol. Just trying to help.

Attached Files:

18. Trhodezy macrumors regular

The more likely scenario is that your friend ordered one, doesn't like the date they'll get it (because they are a "I MUST be the first person to have it) and instead are planning/have "pre-ordered" one from scalpers on eBay at an extortionate price just to receive on the day. They then told everyone (you) that Apple has moved their date forward so that they don't get shtick for buying it from eBay at a higher price.

Or something like that...

19. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Shipping estimates on your profile are not real-time.

What happens is that several people have cancelled their orders (ordering multiple watches and cancels the ones they don't want after try-on), and therefore the other orders will be pushed forward.
    However, this is not immediately visible (Apple cannot recalculate shipping estimates of 1 million orders real-time), so it will take a while to propagate. So you're only seeing a cached estimate on your profile.

When your friend calls/writes to Apple to change the delivery method, the estimate will get a forced recalculation. So even if he had not changed the method, it would still have changed over the next days.

20. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

So, there's a small chance my order might be bought back for the first delivery window? A tiny chance?!?

21. jsmith189 thread starter macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yeah I was thinking something along those lines, because he ordered at like 3:04 lol. Worth a shot calling and checking though if you were ordered one shortly after it went live, it may sort of speed up the inevitable "bumping you forward".

22. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

No way you could word this right unless you use anger, and it could go either way. Totally would depend on the listener.

It's a stupid idea.

23. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I might call during the week and explain my "situation" I bought a gift card for the full amount of the watch to avoid any problems with my card (international) as I was advise but due to the website being the only way I could use it I was only able to place my order at around 3:10 and got a delivery window of 13-27 may but my friend that was going to receive and bring my watch already has a flight booked for the 26 what can be done sir/miss??!!

24. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

To be fair. I really wish they would send orders out in the exact order they were placed, even if by minute slots.

25. urda Suspended

urda

Please don't bother customer service. They cannot magically improve your ship date, they are a ton of orders ahead of you who earned the right to a sooner ship date. Sorry but that's how it works out.