Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
A friend of mind ordered his last night and was disappointed because he had a delivery date of some time in May. He called this morning and spoke to someone at Support, and they changed his shipping date to the regular 4/24 - 5/8 date. His delivery status/time has now changed in his account too.

He got the 42mm SS with black sport band.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
A friend of mind ordered his last night and was disappointed because he had a delivery date of some time in May. He called this morning and spoke to someone at Support, and they changed his shipping date to the regular 4/24 - 5/8 date. His delivery status/time has now changed in his account too.

He got the 42mm SS with black sport band.

Or someone cancelled their order and he got moved up the list?

Last edited:

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
OP no way that happened you just made that up to make people angry, i got a mid may delivery date too on my apple watch no big deal

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I tried calling too for fun. They wouldn't change it and tried to reassure me that it may come before my May 13th date. It was worth a try.

The lady was saying how they didn't anticipate such a rush of orders… lol
I said, "Yeah, that's very unusual for Apple to have so many people wanting a new product on launch day." /sarcasm

blackbear219

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
I tried calling too for fun. They wouldn't change it and tried to reassure me that it may come before my May 13th date. It was worth a try.

The lady was saying how they didn't anticipate such a rush of orders… lol
I said, "Yeah, that's very unusual for Apple to have so many people wanting a new product on launch day." /sarcasm

BEFORE May 13th, huh? Interesting. I am optimistic that mine will come before the 5/13 date that's on my order. This makes me feel better about it!

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I called again and they said they could bump me up to the Edition model from the sport for free... The catch was that it was that ugly Rose color and with a August ship date. I said no thanks!:(

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
OP no way that happened you just made that up to make people angry, i got a mid may delivery date too on my apple watch no big deal

Why would I do that? I'm not a child lol. Just trying to help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 3.44.05 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 3.44.05 pm.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 102

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
Why would I do that? I'm not a child lol. Just trying to help.

The more likely scenario is that your friend ordered one, doesn't like the date they'll get it (because they are a "I MUST be the first person to have it) and instead are planning/have "pre-ordered" one from scalpers on eBay at an extortionate price just to receive on the day. They then told everyone (you) that Apple has moved their date forward so that they don't get shtick for buying it from eBay at a higher price.

Or something like that...

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Shipping estimates on your profile are not real-time.

What happens is that several people have cancelled their orders (ordering multiple watches and cancels the ones they don't want after try-on), and therefore the other orders will be pushed forward.
However, this is not immediately visible (Apple cannot recalculate shipping estimates of 1 million orders real-time), so it will take a while to propagate. So you're only seeing a cached estimate on your profile.

When your friend calls/writes to Apple to change the delivery method, the estimate will get a forced recalculation. So even if he had not changed the method, it would still have changed over the next days.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

What happens is that several people have cancelled their orders (ordering multiple watches and cancels the ones they don't want after try-on), and therefore the other orders will be pushed forward.
However, this is not immediately visible (Apple cannot recalculate shipping estimates of 1 million orders real-time), so it will take a while to propagate. So you're only seeing a cached estimate on your profile.

When your friend calls/writes to Apple to change the delivery method, the estimate will get a forced recalculation. So even if he had not changed the method, it would still have changed over the next days.

So, there's a small chance my order might be bought back for the first delivery window? A tiny chance?!?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014

Yeah I was thinking something along those lines, because he ordered at like 3:04 lol. Worth a shot calling and checking though if you were ordered one shortly after it went live, it may sort of speed up the inevitable "bumping you forward".

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
No way you could word this right unless you use anger, and it could go either way. Totally would depend on the listener.

It's a stupid idea.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I might call during the week and explain my "situation" I bought a gift card for the full amount of the watch to avoid any problems with my card (international) as I was advise but due to the website being the only way I could use it I was only able to place my order at around 3:10 and got a delivery window of 13-27 may but my friend that was going to receive and bring my watch already has a flight booked for the 26 what can be done sir/miss??!!

urda

Suspended
Jun 15, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Please don't bother customer service. They cannot magically improve your ship date, they are a ton of orders ahead of you who earned the right to a sooner ship date. Sorry but that's how it works out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.