If you're wondering about Gold iphone 6...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Note this is about the iphone 6, not the 6S.

My wife went to the apple store last night and intended to purchase an iphone 6 with the new pricing. The new pricing is available on the Silver and Grey models. However, the Gold iphone 6 Models that were still in-stock in the store were still coming up with the older price ($100 more).

Our Apple store associate was very nice and the manager let him call some number to "start a ticket" about seeing if they can get that changed so that they can sell the Gold models that are leftover at the new $100 off prices.

The ticket is open and we left without a phone just to see if they would make that switch so that she can purchase the Gold one with new pricing.

It's kind of messy though - why would they not lower the price on the Gold models that are left as well. I know that they are not going to be made anymore, but there is stock - and the device is exactly the same as the other models they are selling for a cheaper price.

All in all - not happy about the situation - but pleased with the in-store experience and the fact that they were willing to delay a sale to see if she could get what she wanted.

Just an FYI if anyone here was thinking about trying to get a Gold iphone 6.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

That's strange. The price is $100 less, regardless of the color.

3. codygordon macrumors newbie

While I agree it doesn't make much sense, during Apple's Keynote the new pricing was shown for only the Space Grey and Silver Iphone 6. They entirely removed the gold option from both the 6 and 6 Plus. So technically the updated pricing is only for those models, although I see no reason why they wouldn't lower the price for the OP.