Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Its such a pain to fly with a laptop :p Not enough room! I flew with my Toshiba last time had to take it out of the case shove it through the Xray machine then in the plane you have to put it underneath the seat and theres barely enough room to undo everything. I was flying economy on a 2 hour trip.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
viccles said:
Its such a pain to fly with a laptop :p Not enough room! I flew with my Toshiba last time had to take it out of the case shove it through the Xray machine then in the plane you have to put it underneath the seat and theres barely enough room to undo everything. I was flying economy on a 2 hour trip.

I found that my 15.4" MacBook Pro was just small enough to enjoy using it in flight. :)

ph0rk

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
SWVA
mini.boss said:
Also, im a fan of hibernate on pc since it uses no power.

Given how quickly batteries lose power even when unused, I'd say it is more or less a worthless feature.

with 1-2 or more gigs of ram, you're likely killing any power savings with the excess disk activity before and after a hibernate unless you let it hibernate for a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.