If you've purchased Tetris or Sudoku...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Seanasaur, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Seanasaur macrumors member

Does your iPod display thumbnail pictures for them or just a black sqaure? This has been driving me crazy for months now; I'm sick of it.

I know I'm OCD.

2. Seanasaur thread starter macrumors member

Since no one took the time to answer my simple yes or no question, I decided to find out for myself. I bought the games again last night (my first purchase being back in September or whenever it was that Apple re-released the games for the classic and 3G nano) and found out that the current software packages for Sudoku and Tetris are version 1.0.2. The version I had was 1.0.1.

It would appear that Apple re-released Tetris and Sudoku twice, for a grand total of three releases. The first didn't support the classic, the second did, and the third...HAS A FREAKING PICTURE TILE NEXT TO ITS RESPECTIVE GAME TITLE. I don't get why that was so hard for Apple to do the first time.

So yes, I spent an extra ten bucks to find all this out. But hey, I figure both those games are probably worth it, and for me and my obsession with iPod perfection, it was totally worth it.

Laugh at me if you will, but that lack of game art bugged the crap out of me. I just don't like how Apple updated the software without offering me some free artwork, especially since I paid for it once already.