iFaith killed my iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hibanzai, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hibanzai macrumors member

So I didn't notice that the 4s is not supported and went on to try to dump blobs. Now it said device unsupported and thought ah too bad. unplugged, and now I try to open the device and nothing. Completely dead! what do I do? :(

2. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Really should have researched this beforehand. It's well documented that the 4s has no jailbreak yet

3. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

I didn't want to jailbreak. Simply wanted to sabe the blobs to be able to restore to 5.0.0 rather than 5.0.1 should anything happen to my phone, and looky hear! it sucks... now what do I do to get it working, apple store is closed right now so I have to wait till tomorrow to go there to replace my phone or something, but I'd really like to fix it before then, I need my phone now for important calls!

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

What do you mean try to open the device? Does iTunes at least recognize it and perhaps let you restore to a factory IPSW and settings?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can't get any power? are you sure it's not in DFU mode. try holding the power and home buttons down see what happens.. or just the power by it's self..

6. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

EDIT: power button and home reopened my phone! Thanks. no need for a godawful update

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

If you have a backup of it, you should be able to restore to that. If you didn't, then you'll be SOL and have to go to 5.0.1 AFAIK.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

OP, you should change the title of your thread. Ifaith did not kill your phone. You screw up and did not search first and can't blame on Ifaith.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    While you're at it OP try jailbreaking your 4S with Blackrain, maybe it will work:D

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This, plus he failed to even try a reboot before posting
    Embarrassing