IFaith Stuck at "Downloading Essentials

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PhazeII, Dec 28, 2011.

1. PhazeII macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I am trying to restore two Iphone 4. The first one is 4.3.1 BB 4.10.01 and the Second 4.2.1 BB 03.10.01 both Jailbroken and Unlocked by Gevey.

Before restoring I am trying to save my SHSH Blobs with IFaith V1.4.1. The problem is that IFaith is Stuck at "Downloading Essentials". I tried to run it with Win XP Service Pack 2 and running as Admin. I only tried it on the First Iphone 4.3.1 BB 4.10.01. My only choice was to disconnect the phone and get it of DFU mode. I'm pretty sure it was DFU mode cause I could not turn it on by holding the power button. I had to Press both Home and Power to get it to restart again. Anyways.... any of you had this issue before or know how to fix it?

I'm on Windows 7

2. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Do you have .net framework installed?

If not then Install it...

3. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

4. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

I googled and there seems to be lots of other people having Ifaith get stuck in whatever stage of the process. I really don't think Ifaith was ready to be released????:(

5. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Ok I got it to work... reply if anybody cares to know. Appears I been talking to my self the whole time.

6. heartborne macrumors newbie

So, what was up and what did you do, care to share?

7. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

My solution? Use another computer. Could not get ifaith to work on one laptop...tried different cables, USB ports, etc...etc...etc. Tried on second computer and it worked the first time. Some might not see it as a solution but, in the end, I got what I wanted from ifaith.

8. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Yea....

It was my firewall not allowing the process to continue on IFaith. I did have it OFF however it was still denying the process to continue so i had to change a few of the settings on the firewall. It was kind of a pain so what u could do is maybe try a laptop or any other computer with no antivirus,anti-malware,firewall running.

9. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

I had to try three different computers before I found one where iFaith would work.

The newest redsn0w can do the same thing. More reliable, and a lot faster (1-2 sec to read off all SHSH blobs instead of almost a minute). Only advantage of iFaith is if you have never put an iPhone into DFU mode, then its instructions will work for you (redsn0w's work too, but you need to know them already to follow them). :)

10. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

Firewall was not the issue for me. The non-working laptop vs. working laptop had same AV and firewall with same settings. One laptop simply worked with ifaith, the other didn't. I didn't spend much time figuring out why.