iFax Pro for 0.99

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pika, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Oct 5, 2008
    [app]iFax Pro[/app] just launched with an introductory price.

It works perfectly in Canada. Well worth the buy! The app cost .99 but it's a rip off .99 per 5 fax is way too much.
  2. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2008
    Do people still send faxes? Good grief. Talk about blast from the past. I haven't sent one of those things in about 10years.
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Really? Not even at work? They are an ancient and annoying technology, but unfortunately I still use them at work multiple times per week -- hospitals faxing over their records on our patients, faxing around prescriptions and referrals, etc.. I only have to send one for personal reasons once or twice a year... usually it's easiest to just get away with using a work fax (since I don't even have a landline phone line to begin with).

I tried using a Skype-based service (PamFax) earlier this year and it was a complete disaster -- their billing was done through Skype's marketplace and once I paid Skype for the service, the fax program would never successfully see the credits and after several days of wrangling I had to ask for a refund. In the meantime, I had to use another service... it definitely cost more than $0.99/five pages for a domestic US transmission -- I think I sent four or five pages and it cost around $2.00... Also the $0.99 app price basically pays for the first fax. Granted that's a lot more than it actually costs to transmit a fax, I'm not aware of services that are much cheaper.

Pika, is there an even cheaper one you'd recommend for this kind of rare one-off faxing?

Also how does the PDF upload work?